5/19 Sox @ Royals | 1:10PM CT | Velasquez vs Hernandez

Capn12

Let's all keep following these dumbass WAR stats and all the sabermetric BS. 

Moncada sucks ass.  WAR is not going to point out his half ass effort throw there that caused a 2 run HR thereafter. 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Let's all keep following these dumbass WAR stats and all the sabermetric BS. 

Moncada sucks ass.  WAR is not going to point out his half ass effort throw there that caused a 2 run HR thereafter. 

That's a good question. Which defensive metric would actually pick up on that throw that eventually led to two runs scoring but never reflected in a box score...?

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

Carlos Hernandez, he of the 8+ ERA Hernandezs, will proceed to throw 7 IP, and get 4-5 K's.

Sox hitters were under .200 against him and sub 600 OPS over 46 ab's entering this one so wouldn't be a surprise at all regardless of his other starts.  Some pitchers just have a team's number.

No reason to even throw a fastball against the Sox unless way behind in the count and zero confidence in locating off speed stuff.

Hernandez ranging from 92-97.

(Lol. Cano is outhitting and fielding entire Sox team these last two games.)

We still can't begin to judge veteran players.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That's a good question. Which defensive metric would actually pick up on that throw that eventually led to two runs scoring but never reflected in a box score...?

Or is WAR going to penalize Robert for not running out a dropped 3rd strike, with a speedy runner on 2B who could take 3rd with a throw to 1B or even perhaps cause a wild throw down the line? 

The Eye Test is magical.  Give me that over the stupid computer any day of the week. 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I hate this team. 

I received a season ticket holder email the other day, I responded this morning asking if I could get a refund on the 18 games remaining in my 20 game plan.  No chance I renew next year after purchasing the at the beginning of the rebuild.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sox hitters were under .200 against him and sub 600 OPS over 46 ab's entering this one so wouldn't be a surprise at all regardless of his other starts.  Some pitchers just have a team's number.

"Some", just about every pitcher the sox have faced this year have their number.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Or is WAR going to penalize Robert for not running out a dropped 3rs strike, with a speedy runner on 2B who could take 3rd with a throw to 1B or even perhaps cause a wild throw down the line? 

The Eye Test is magical.  Give me that over the stupid computer any day of the week. 

I saw that lack of hustle on Robert also, but the announcers didn't want to talk about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hernandez has great stuff.  He’s way better than his numbers suggest.  The Sox have been shut down by far worse pitchers.

I don't doubt what you are saying and I am only watching the results on Gameday but the guy has an ERA over 9 and a whip of over 2 so that means EVERYONE else has tagged this guy this year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

Looks like Tim was distracted??????? do you think, that was an error.  Too worried about Ozzie, that ball was right at him.

Too busy thinking about all the sick pics of himself he's gonna post to his IG story tonight.