5/19 Sox @ Royals | 1:10PM CT | Velasquez vs Hernandez

Capn12

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Except LAD leads the league in walks and Sox are last. It matters. Sox suck balls at getting on base. 

Absolutely. If the Sox were walking like they did last year they'd have a much better record right now and would probably be averaging a run+ more a game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

LA or Sox?  Most of the entire team can't hit an off speed pitch right now.

LA. I watch a lot of Dodgers games at night while I do other stuff (and because the Sox suck but I still like watching baseball).

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The Sox aren’t punting the next 2 seasons. It’s just not happening. 

The Twins traded Berrios in a similar situation and it worked out fine.

If you can't extend him...there isn't much choice because of our far system, draft position and lack of payroll flexibility over future seasons.

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Let me tell you my rationale first. 

I want them to lose every game because it's the only way that the org will make the necessary changes to actually compete. 

The most important change will not happen and that’s at the top. So the necessary changes will not happen.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If you can't extend him...there isn't much choice because of our far system, draft position and lack of payroll flexibility over future seasons.

I mean really, they should trade Giolito and then replace him in the winter if they want to bring the band back together one more time. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That's a well-run organization though.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not true at all Caulfield . His OPS since he was 30 is better than his career  OPS. Probably closer to .830

But his fWAR is lower due to how many games he missed.

So hard to say he's more effective when is missing so many games.

When's the last time he played 145 games?

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The most important change will not happen and that’s at the top. So the necessary changes will not happen.

That's why I said maybe I shouldn't care anymore. Or at least adjust my expectations accordingly such that a playoff appearance would make me content until that change happens. 

Like I don't even know what the Sox can do anymore. So much of their payroll is tied up in the guys that were supposed to be their core and the vets to supplement them. All are underperforming outside of the pitching staff, of which none are locked up. 

Edited by Jack Parkman