Josh Donaldson called Tim Anderson "Jackie"

Buehrle>Wood

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, what a classless fanbase…glad Timmy was able to silence their asses

I am not the least bit surprised by this at all.  Saw lots of stuff on Twitter from Sox fans at the game that people they were with were being harassed for wearing a TA jersey and that kids were chanting "Jackie" at TA.  KIDS!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It might also be kind of a misunderstanding here.  The phrase "disrespectful" has a much more harsh meaning for a lot of POC.  It isn't just respect that is being talked about.  Usually that phrase means something like, "I would have punched them if I could, but I can't".  If you keep more mixed company, you understand what I am talking about here.

POC? People of color. Are you referring to black people?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, that's normally African-American, Hispanic/Latino/LatinX or Hispanic-American, Asian-American and Native American.

Ok. So the post is indicating that POC's use the word "disrespect" differently than white people. So is this all POCs or just black (African american)?

I'm confused as to which people use that word differently. All non white people use the word differently or just African Americnas specifically?

Seems odd, possibly racist, way to group people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, that's normally African-American, Hispanic/Latino/LatinX or Hispanic-American, Asian-American and Native American.

Lolol, the term that most Hispanic/Latino people hate and actually find offensive. Always gives me a chuckle seeing somebody use it. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.mlb.com/video/check-out-anderson-s-home-run-x0262

Creator Cuts/Field Level view of TA7 homer...will probably get his critics riled up by spending so much time with the "quiet down, that's all folks SHHHHHHH....." gesture.

"Luck, like love, is unlimited. The more you share it, the more there is to go around. You will not lose your place in the world if other people are no longer marginalized."     Theologian and activist Keith Magee

Edited by caulfield12

• bmags locked this topic