Robert on COVID IL; Burger Up

Heads22

19 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How does the covid list work now a days? Do you legitimately have to sit out if you have cold symptoms without a positive test?

Yes.  Teams can use the covid IL for symptoms.  If a player tests positive, I beleive he needs to sit out for 10 days.  If its just symptoms, I believe they need to pass 2-3 covid tests and then be reinstated.  I believe some guys have been on it as few as 2-3 days.  Even Gio was just on it for less than 10 days, so he never tested +. 

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yes.  Teams can use the covid IL for symptoms.  If a player tests positive, I beleive he needs to sit out for 10 days.  If its just symptoms, I believe they need to pass 2-3 covid tests and then be reinstated.  I believe some guys have been on it as few as 2-3 days.  Even Gio was just on it for less than 10 days, so he never tested +. 

I recall someone last year (forget what team) that was placed on the Covid IL one day and was off the next.

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Luckily we had an off day yesterday + Thursday + next Monday... so not like the 30 games in 20 days or whatever it felt like.

Yep and luckily play 2 bad teams this week. Let's continue the winning streak against the Red Sox and Cubs like we did last long winning streak.

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yep and luckily play 2 bad teams this week. Let's continue the winning streak against the Red Sox and Cubs like we did last long winning streak.

Red Sox are 8-2 in their last 10, they appear to no longer be bad

57 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I believe the routine this year is that no symptoms and a negative test are required. If someone shows no symptoms but tests positive they would be out until they test negative (not sure if it’s one or two tests required). 

Gio absolutely tested positive. Most athletes and vaccinated Individuals with the current variants move through their symptoms somewhat quicker than the original one hitting people with no immune system training. No need for a 10 day quarantine for most vaccinated people, just let it clear their system.

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I've been a Sox fan since 1953. This entire Covid era has become just too tiresome, so I'm going to stop watching the games. Carry on and try to enjoy the season. 

I feel the same, but somehow I always wind up watching anyway.  Don't stay away too long @Lillian, you're one of my favorite posters here and I always find your posts informative and interesting.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I believe the routine this year is that no symptoms and a negative test are required. If someone shows no symptoms but tests positive they would be out until they test negative (not sure if it’s one or two tests required). 

Gio absolutely tested positive. Most athletes and vaccinated Individuals with the current variants move through their symptoms somewhat quicker than the original one hitting people with no immune system training. No need for a 10 day quarantine for most vaccinated people, just let it clear their system.

Where was it reported that Gio tested positive? 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where was it reported that Gio tested positive? 

When they put him on the Covid-19 list. 

Alex Verdugo missed Sundays game with flu like symptoms but was never put on a list because he tested negative. No one goes on that list without a positive test.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

When they put him on the Covid-19 list. 

Alex Verdugo missed Sundays game with flu like symptoms but was never put on a list because he tested negative. No one goes on that list without a positive test.

Lol. Plenty of guys have been put on covid 19 list without testing positive. 

• Like 1