Red Sox vs White Sox Game Two-7:40 CT

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

That's what I consider part of low baseball IQ. 

100%

A guy just walked in front of him. If you are loaded up for a fastball 1st pitch and you get it then I understand the swing. He swung at a curveball

Just now, 2Deep said:

100%

A guy just walked in front of him. If you are loaded up for a fastball 1st pitch and you get it then I understand the swing. He swung at a curveball

Game plan tonight couldn’t be worse

Just now, brijames1957 said:

This teams approach at the plate is beyond maddening. Harrison swings at the first pitch after a walk and with TA on deck. His job there is to make Hill throw strikes and do anything to get TA at the plate with at least a runner on. 

it's the dumbest shit and it goes well beyond pitch recognition, which is hard and whatever. BUT YOU'RE A MLB HITTER YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHEN TO FIRST BALL HUNT AND WHEN NOT. 80% OF THE TIME YOU'RE NOT. SOMETIMES YOU'RE 100% NOT.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Blow it up and build around Timmy, Robert, Vaughn and Eloy.  Find lefty bats for LF, RF and 2B after the season.

Building around Eloy they better do it fast because it's easy to imagine them not picking up his option years if he can never stay on the field.

Meanwhile, Jean Segura has an 806 OPS.  How many times was that name mentioned?  Nobody believed they would stick with Knebel at closer.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Building around Eloy they better do it fast because it's easy to imagine them not picking up his option years if he can never stay on the field.

Meanwhile, Jean Segura has an 806 OPS.  How many times was that name mentioned?  Nobody believed they would stick with Knebel at closer.

Segura and Joc both look like they would have been great additions, but given how it goes for the Sox, those dudes would probably be OPSing in the low 600s if they were here right now

• Like 1