Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT

59 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Maybe Kuechel will surprise everyone again...then again maybe I'm delusional. However I am 4-0 starting gamethreads against the Red Sox this year so there's that πŸ˜…

Β I like how you are willing to ruin a perfect season with DK pitching. that takes guts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not really sure why we’re still running Dallas out there. The decision was obviously made before the series and cemented when VV came in for relief on Tuesday. But woof - we gotta stop punting games with Keuchel on the mound.Β 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not really sure why we’re still running Dallas out there. The decision was obviously made before the series and cemented when VV came in for relief on Tuesday. But woof - we gotta stop punting games with Keuchel on the mound.Β 

I think he's done when Lynn comes back in a few weeks. Unless something else unforeseen happensΒ 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zisk said:

Β I like how you are willing to ruin a perfect season with DK pitching. that takes guts.

It took more guts to go to that Yankees game that he pitched, but I bought the tickets already and decided to bite the bullet, and it was one of the best well-playedΒ games and atmospheres I've been to in a while. Anything can happen!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah unless there is another injury, Keuchel gets the boot.

Β 

8 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I think he's done when Lynn comes back in a few weeks. Unless something else unforeseen happensΒ 

Well that is 3 too many more Kuechel starts.Β  But yes, certainly hope that is the case.Β 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

It took more guts to go to that Yankees game that he pitched, but I bought the tickets already and decided to bite the bullet, and it was one of the best well-playedΒ games and atmospheres I've been to in a while. Anything can happen!

The exact same thing with me. Bought tickets five weeks before the game, but like you, totally upset when I found out Keuchel was starting. But also like you, it turned out great. Probably the most fun I've had at a Sox game in a looong time. The weather was good, the food tasted excellent, got the TA bobblehead, and and absolutely fun game, especially with the win in the 9th.Β 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I disagree, I think VV gets the boot once Lynn returns.

TLR will see "former Cy Young winner" next to Keuchel's name and will continue to trot him out there out of respect.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wolves01 said:

Weather looking sketchy for this one. Every game I've had tickets for this year,,,,,,Same storyΒ πŸ™„Β 

Seems like a rinse, repeat situation for most Sox games so far this season.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

We need to stop punting games period. Β Removing Keuchel from the rotation is a fine place to start.

Sox have won 11 games in which they’ve scored exactly 3 runs. They had 10 of those games all of last season.

edit- just saw that Jay Cuda tweeted the same thing. Weird minds think alike.

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

TLR will see "former Cy Young winner" next to Keuchel's name and will continue to trot him out there out of respect.

DK provides much-needed depth and will continue to do so. Further, his off-speed cornucopia provides strategic counterpoint to the arsenal of his flame-throwing colleagues.Β 

3 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

More likely that TLR sees "LHP" and keeps him because we don't have any other lefty starters.Β Β 

Β 

I think we'll probably see someone else coincidentally go to the IL when Lynn gets back to buy a little time to see if Cueto is legit, and whether we can trade anyone before having to decide to cut DK or VV.Β Β 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

We need to move DK to the bullpen so his option doesn't vest

His option isn't going to vest.Β  Its a non issue already.

Even if he takes his spot in the rotation the rest of the season for 25 more starts and averaging 5 IP (he won't), thats 155 IP total.Β  But there is no way he's making 25 more starts, nor averaging 5 IP per.Β 

That said, he absolutely should not be making starts for the White Sox any longer.Β  Its a joke at this point. VV is a better option until Lynn returns.Β 

Edited by ChiSox59

39 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

His option isn't going to vest.Β  Its a non issue already.

Even if he takes his spot in the rotation the rest of the season for 25 more starts and averaging 5 IP (he won't), thats 155 IP total.Β  But there is no way he's making 25 more starts, nor averaging 5 IP per.Β 

That said, he absolutely should not be making starts for the White Sox any longer.Β  Its a joke at this point. VV is a better option until Lynn returns.Β 

Why do people keep saying this? What about his contract do I not understand?

I see "2023 Vesting Option vests with 320 IP across 2021-2022, including 160 IP in 2022"Β according to SpotracΒ https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/dallas-keuchel-11592/

He pitched 162 innings last year, so he still just has to hit the 160 IP this year. He's already at 30 IP. 130 more innings pitched is much more attainable, and also why he's complaining about being pulled in games that he's actually not getting shelled.

I don't think this is so far-fetched. What am I missing?

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

We need to move DK to the bullpen so his option doesn't vest

He's already decently far behind his mark.Β  He essentially needs to average an inning per game played to make it to 160.Β  He is at 30 through 43 games.Β Β Β  Even if he goes 6 tonight, that makes 36 in 44 games.Β  He still has some make up to do with Lynn coming back soon and Cueto looking really good.

• Thanks 1