Sox vs Sox Rubbermatch and Season Finale- 7:10 CT

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

A benching with a consideration for immediate release should be taken into account as well. Uncalled for in MLB….

I've got a call into Manfred's office just in case Cora doesn't have the balls to do it himself.

42 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's your Chicagoland headline. 

Not booing Keuchel, Grandal/Pollock, sending Banks out there in a two run game, etc.

Well those headline were already written before the game even started.

9 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Have some fun with it Harrison, damn

10 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Have some fun with it Harrison, damn

It was scary watching him pitch to Martinez.  He could have been killed with that 60 mph pitch to the hot slugger.

Just now, chw42 said:

His IFFB rate is over 20%. That's insanely high.

O swing rate and IFFB rate are way up from last season. I don't think Menechino is telling him to do that, but I also don't think he knows how to help him or the other struggling hitters fix what's going wrong.

It's too bad those bases loaded situations for our Sox in the 8th and 9th had basically become meaningless...but of course they still didn't really cash those in to make it a little more interesting.

I've gotta stop watching entire games where they give up 16 runs.

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

HahahahaGTFO you jackass.  

What a smug asshole. 

He's had a ERA around 7 since the ASB last year. Anything he's done in his career up to that point is more or less meaningless. He can't be trusted to even go 3 innings against good teams.  

• Thanks 1

I'm convinced what we see is what we get. Sox are a mediocre team at best. Teams with ultra bad defense and at least four automatic outs in a lineup on a given night are going nowhere. The pitching, which I think is still a question mark, determines whether this team completely tanks or continues to hang around .500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

"Afforded myself some leeway" means someone in the chain of command has told him he's fine.

Scary shit. Scary. 

Or he's just going to cite his Astros' career, postseasons, 2020 Sox pre Oakland.  Inflated ego.

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Chicago baseball teams gave up 36 runs in a one day. At least the Sox kept it under 20. Now on to the Crosstown Classic or whatever they call it nowadays!

I’m not the least bit upset to miss the matchup of awful Chicago baseball teams this weekend.  How often would one rather be working than watching baseball?