5/28 - Cubs @ Sox

Heads22

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tony just through this game away…I guess numerous off days over the past week weren’t enough to be able to get three innings out of the bullpen tonight.

I may need to leave Soxtalk for the night as I’m on the brink of saying something that will get me suspended for life.

You and me both. So many things I would love to really say.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is a statement game from Tony. Fucks with Cueto's rythmn in the 1st inning arguing a call that can't be reversed. Bats Harrison 2nd. Leaves Cueto in about 6 batters too long all with off days on the upcoming schedule.

And off yesterday it’s inexcusable 

Edited by Soxfest

Just now, wegner said:

The general consensus that a bad manager can only cost you 2-3 games in a season seems very off with the 2022 White Sox.

i think part of the reason every study reaches that conclusion is no other teams are dumb enough to have a manager that the game passed by decades earlier

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

The first question to TLR post game better be why did you leave JC in. The heat needs to be turned way way up on that pompous a-hole. There is not one single reason JC should of come back out for the 7th. None! 

It wasn't even him coming out for the 7th that was the biggest issue. It was that he gave up a hit and a really hard hit out to start it. Foster was more or less warm at that point and should have came in. Then he gave up a double to Contreras and just about any manager would have taken him out after that. Instead he had Cueto try to pitch around Happ instead of just intentionally walking him to setup the matchup he wanted against Wisdom. Tony has to be losing his mind cause all the moves in that inning made no sense. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

i think part of the reason every study reaches that conclusion is no other teams are dumb enough to have a manager that the game passed by decades earlier

The thing is it was so long ago that I don't remember what I hated about him, but I do remember I was very happy when Hawk fired him the 1st time.  Was he doing this same shit then?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If you didn’t know better, you could make a compelling case that Tony was trying to lose the last two games

but what is important is losing them the right way; at least you don't have to question if our manager will be out there for the anthem tomorrow

• Like 1