TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So who comes up? A pitcher since an infielder came up for Keuchel? And I wonder what 2 players aren’t vaccinated for Toronto. Great time to see Yolbert.

I’d be surprised to see Yolbert heading to Toronto purely because he’s playing tonight and in lineup. 

I'm really starting to wonder if Tony's insistence on off-days is having an opposite reaction on player health given that these are all soft tissue injuries.  My wholly uninformed take is muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc., benefit from usage...keeps them loose, prevents tightening, etc.  Or, to take a step further out on the conspiracy plank, could it be these guys are constantly lollygagging in practice, the gym, team stretches, etc., and then shock their bodies by actually trying in games...Tony has made it abundantly clear that he puts a lot of faith in conserving health, which means they'd likely not hear a peep if they were caught lollygagging.

I don't know.  Something changed since 2020 and TLR is the biggest change that's occurred.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

How old is Herm to bring now out of retirement?  I think his official title is emeritus.

Just not sure his old school methods would fly with a new generation of players...but something has to change, doesn't it?

It's now like 82 degrees and nearly perfect baseball weather can still be used as an excuse...that cold weather/abbreviated ST thing only worked the first six weeks.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah this season feels over. Not going to tear it down at deadline though

Exactly where I am. Lost season. Just let the expiring contracts expire and maybe they can someone improve the team with a normal offseason. If they play this bad next season then look into breaking it up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Exactly where I am. Lost season. Just let the expiring contracts expire and maybe they can someone improve the team with a normal offseason. If they play this bad next season then look into breaking it up.

The big question is gonna be Giolito. You could potentially make this team a lot better for the next 5 years by sacrificing his 2023, If 2022 is lost.

13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Jose, Pollock, and Harrison are really the only expiring (though we have team options on the latter two).  Payroll increases next season thanks to a couple of guys.  Our farm is empty.  

This was supposed to be the window.  There are no do-overs or retools on the fly.  We're locked in, contractually speaking, with the vast majority of this roster through next season.

So a severe groin strain can take up to 4 months to heal. Grade 2 is 2-3 months. This really could put the whole season in jeopardy. TA was basically the only consistent hitter in this lineup. 

• Thanks 1

So a severe groin strain can take up to 4 months to heal. Grade 2 is 2-3 months. This really could put the whole season in jeopardy. TA was basically the only consistent hitter in this lineup. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Just such a kick to the nuts. Really hoping it’s not as bad as it looked. I’m prepared to be without Tim until late in the season. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Most likely 8-12 weeks is usually the most conservative estimates. I wouldn't think it more than that unless surgery is involved. 

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic