TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Luis Robert could go 4-4 and James Fox would fine something to complain about.  Guy has a sad, sad tune.  

That guy (Dr. Chao) was 100% convinced Tatis was going to be out for most of last season and/or undergo offseason surgery on his shoulder socket and neither prediction was accurate.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Was my comment about “Dr Chao” ?

It was embedded within the Fegan tweet.

Basically he's not a trustworthy voice diagnosing from afar.  PTAC would be more accurate because that guy (Chao) is much more knowledgeable about orthopedic surgeries.

Edited by caulfield12

On a warm day and a normal ground ball, TA suffers what ptatc is saying normally is 8-12 week injury. And obviously the type of injury that could return at any time.

Sox can't replace TA effectively with anybody on the current roster. Eloy is still a ways away. Obviously Sox need Eloy and Burger and Yoan in the lineup every day. Jose is going to have to get white hot and Vaughn is going to have to hit like an All Star. Little surprised this team is incapable of hitting home runs in the age of lift and pull.

I'd say if Mendick/Leury are the replacements for TA, team will be absurdly bad on the road and .500 at best at home. No chance in hell this team makes the playoffs if Tim is out 4-12 weeks. 

29 minutes ago, greg775 said:

On a warm day and a normal ground ball, TA suffers what ptatc is saying normally is 8-12 week injury. And obviously the type of injury that could return at any time.

Sox can't replace TA effectively with anybody on the current roster. Eloy is still a ways away. Obviously Sox need Eloy and Burger and Yoan in the lineup every day. Jose is going to have to get white hot and Vaughn is going to have to hit like an All Star. Little surprised this team is incapable of hitting home runs in the age of lift and pull.

I'd say if Mendick/Leury are the replacements for TA, team will be absurdly bad on the road and .500 at best at home. No chance in hell this team makes the playoffs if Tim is out 4-12 weeks. 

4 weeks they can possibly recover.  8-12 makes it much much harder.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The big question is gonna be Giolito. You could potentially make this team a lot better for the next 5 years by sacrificing his 2023, If 2022 is lost.

I’ve already accepted he’s gone, so trade him. Jerry is never going to hand out a $200M+ contact to a pitcher, especially one that is the player union rep, especially one that he fought over $10K with.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Most likely 8-12 weeks is usually the most conservative estimates. I wouldn't think it more than that unless surgery is involved. 

You think this is a 2-3 month injury? Or you are just saying that is on the most severe side?

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That guy (Dr. Chao) was 100% convinced Tatis was going to be out for most of last season and/or undergo offseason surgery on his shoulder socket and neither prediction was accurate.

He can still have surgery on it in time but he rehabbed it in the offseason to avoid it. Similar to Toby Hall once upon a time.

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

You think this is a 2-3 month injury? Or you are just saying that is on the most severe side?

I'm saying that's the most likely worst case. Until most information is released like the grade of tear it's impossible to give an accurate time table.

Most significant muscle injuries fall in that timeline.  I only saw the clip afterwards and it looked like a significant injury but there us no way to tell for sure unless you are there to test it.

8 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Luis Robert could go 4-4 and James Fox would fine something to complain about.  Guy has a sad, sad tune.  

He is a well respected member of this forum and leads futuresox so maybe take your axe somewhere else

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Prior to the year Fox said the Sox would have the best offense in baseball and predicted them to win the division (and World Series, iirc). Just because he's having a miserable time now watching these underachievers doesn't mean he has a sad tune. It means his eyeballs work properly

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I was at the game, and the thing they gave me hope it wasn’t worst case scenario, was when they were helping off, he started semi walking ,albeit with help, when he got close to the dugout.

That is a good sign.

9 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Because in your hypothetical scenario, Robert probably had the only 4 hits of the game for the Sox as they lost 4-1 while committing 3 errors.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Looks like they are going with Mendick right now because they don’t want to disturb their elegant Leury/Harrison second base plan. Yolbert is more the long term solution they don’t seem to want to try.

Yolbert is really more of a 2b. And he’s 25; so the future is now.  He’s also been slumping lately.  If you DFA Harrison, bring up Yolbert.  Replacing TA?  There’s really no one.  I mean, Sosa? Romy?  Neither of them are gonna save 2022. You’d be getting them ABs for development, I guess.

With all of the bad stuff that has gone down this season, with all of the injuries, the bad play on offense & defense, and at times the bullpen imploding, nothing really got to me as when Tim Anderson was on the ground . for the first time, i really felt like there's just no way to win anything now, if he's gone for a serious length of time with a severe groin strain.

The season’s not over, but it’s meh-ver. The “B” team will do as last year and be surprisingly passable - scrapping away to .500 or a little better, and keep them somewhere in fringe of the division race. That will inspire some hope for the late season and when TA and the rest come back in full by September..,they won’t know what the hell they’re doing.  Verdict?  83-79, and “just wait till next year”.

6 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

In other news, Royce Lewis and Sonny Gray were injured in the Twins game yesterday.  I still think the division is up for grabs even if TA is out for a significant chunk of time. 

I am not savvy enough to do those gif things, but you know that one where Jack Nicholson is nodding his head with an evil smile and really looking forward to something? That’s gonna be Judge, Buxton and Trout’s reaction at the thought of this team coming out of the Central.

9 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If Anderson is even out 4 weeks, the hole will be far too big to dig out of when he gets back. The season is over. 

Anderson is the last person the Sox can lose for any period of time. In addition, I don't have too much confidence in Eloy coming back soon. Lynn will need time to get in the groove, and it may not be until July when he starts to get back to normal. Then there is Moncada and Robert. Yes, things look bleak right now even with the bad division.

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic