TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We can’t even do that because the Twins are now down 4 starting pitchers and they haven’t been able to rely recently on the production or health of Correa or Buxton.

After the results of this past week, just not thinking that anyone has the ability to run away and hide in this division.  Not even the slumping Guardians are totally out of this with their easy June schedule. 

So it’s the worst of all worlds where we stick with the veterans because we’re still in the division or WC race, even without Anderson.  Of course, these next three series could really put us well back below .500 again.

What the Sox do shouldn't be predicated on the status of other clubs. If they got their own problems and we got ours , Great !! What better time to play around with some kids up here to prepare them for the big leagues and send a message to the vets. Produce or you will be replaced or we start trying you at other  positions and you'll become a utility guy instead of a starter. Too many guys feel secure, including the bums in the front office. Too much lethargy everywhere.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Vaughn? That's about where it begins and ends though. 

Vaughn isn't a product of the farm system. He was rushed into the Bigs to play positions he'd never played before and had to face major league pitching as his introduction to professional baseball. I don't know that this hasn't impaired his development. But the Sox drafted him in the first round - so he must be Major League Ready - right?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

OK, apparently the #15 prospect is the worst farm system in baseball is going to be this team's savior.

You can all tell me "I told you so" when he has an OPS over 1.000 in this year's postseason.

Not a single person person is calling him a savior. People are saying we should use the free roster spot youre for some bizarre reason saying they don’t need, to  give him a shot for the series. That’s it. We’ve had awful production out of 2B all season and Leury is probably our main SS now. There’s no harm in giving Yolbert some at bats. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

OK, apparently the #15 prospect is the worst farm system in baseball is going to be this team's savior.

You can all tell me "I told you so" when he has an OPS over 1.000 in this year's postseason.

Look man, with the way this season has gone, let the dice roll.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We can’t even do that because the Twins are now down 4 starting pitchers and they haven’t been able to rely recently on the production or health of Correa or Buxton.

After the results of this past week, just not thinking that anyone has the ability to run away and hide in this division.  Not even the slumping Guardians are totally out of this with their easy June schedule. 

So it’s the worst of all worlds where we stick with the veterans because we’re still in the division or WC race, even without Anderson.  Of course, these next three series could really put us well back below .500 again.

"We"? You arent part of the team. Just because you're psycho enough to harass sponsors and people in the organization doesn't mean you get to use "we".

Edited by CeaseAndExist
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not a single person person is calling him a savior. People are saying we should use the free roster spot youre for some bizarre reason saying they don’t need, to  give him a shot for the series. That’s it. We’ve had awful production out of 2B all season and Leury is probably our main SS now. There’s no harm in giving Yolbert some at bats. 

Would have been pretty easy had the Sox not tried to be cute at second base with Harrison. Trevor Story was there for the taking. He would slide right on over, and Yolbert would be a nice gap filler. Hopefully the Sox don't pay with losing the season, but cann't say they wouldn't deserve to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeaseAndExist said:

"We"? You arent part of the team. Just because you're psycho enough to harass sponsors and people in the organization doesn't mean you get to use "we".

Going to have to report this to Ron883 for a "cease and desist" order.

Seems like a personal attack.  Lol.  "Psycho."

Seriously, anyone who supports this organization right now is the very definition of a Stockholm Syndrome survivor.

And I actually do have a good friend who writes to various Sox personnel via their chisox.com e-mail addresses, but it's more for therapeutic purposes, not with the belief anything would possibly change.

Finally, no sponsors would care a whit about what someone without season tickets living in another country has to say about the White Sox.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Lol far from what people are actually claiming but ok….

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm afraid to see who hits leadoff for us.

I was gonna make a galaxy brain meme, but after Luis Robert and Healthy (?) Yoan Moncada it got too difficult to figure out what absurdist option lays before us.

12 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Don't need  a savior. Did anyone use the word savior ? We need an incremental upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade. Harrison has had his shot. It's time for someone else.

In other news, the Twins are starting to falter and can hardly field a team right now, and they go to Toronto after us. Word is “multiple” prominent twins won’t be making that trip. Schedule starts to get tough for the Twinkies after this Detroit series - could definitely see this being their high water mark. So for anyone searching for a positive, that’s all I got. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ptatc said:

You to define stretching. Passive stretching, which I grew up with, where you are in a position and try to lengthen the muscles has been shown to actually cause more muscle injuries than it prevents,  unless you have a significant decrease in range of motion. It has also been shown to decrease power and performance during athletic activity.

Dynamic stretching such as monster walks and high knee drills are the best activities to get the muscles ready for athletic performance. 

However your overall point that there needs to be a significant overhaul in their off season training is right on point.

Whatever stretching the team is doing is obviously not effective.

Here is a good article on proper groin stretches: "Running Tips You Should Know: Dynamic and Static Groin Stretches"

https://www.healthline.com/health/exercise-fitness/essential-groin-stretches

After you read these comprehensive techniques, you seriously have to question if our Sox players are doing this much proactive stretching!

I am not claiming these are the absolute only ways or techniques...maybe there are other more modern techniques. However something has to change. Our players have suffered way too many hamstring and groin pulls and tears in the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

Have there really been no rumblings from within on how serious this injury is?  I am braced for a September return, but fuckina hearing a 3-5 week timeframe would be such a morale boost personally, and hopefully for the boys as well.  Just praying for some good news. 

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic