TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Weird. Is there such a thing as having a groin cramp? Groins don’t just completely go away in a couple days

He’s probably being optimistic. But it’s really good news regardless. 

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Weird. Is there such a thing as having a groin cramp? Groins don’t just completely go away in a couple days

He probably means no discomfort while he is not doing activity. It would hurt to run. This is why it is a grade 1. Can't do aggressive activity yet but is good with rest.

• Like 3

Three weeks for any kind of groin injury seems ridiculously optimistic to me. As someone who has had dozens of groin "tweaks". Now, hockey is much more demanding when it comes to groin health, but I can't recall a single groin injury that felt "OK" before 4-6 weeks.... Just more bullshit from the White Sox training staff, IMO.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Three weeks for any kind of groin injury seems ridiculously optimistic to me. As someone who has had dozens of groin "tweaks". Now, hockey is much more demanding when it comes to groin health, but I can't recall a single groin injury that felt "OK" before 4-6 weeks.... Just more bullshit from the White Sox training staff, IMO.

The diagnosis will be coming from the physicians not the training staff.

7 hours ago, ptatc said:

The diagnosis will be coming from the physicians not the training staff.

I assume they are team physicians, right?? Very rarely will a player seek a diagnosis from outside the organization. I'm just lumping them in with the "training staff", because the entire fucking organization seems to be completely incompetent when it comes to training and recovery. This team is as injury prone as it gets. How many guys have we watched come back from injury, only to immediately reaggravate that injury? Or come back looking like they're at like 60%?

Three weeks for a groin injury that looked as painful as TA's was just seems absolutely fucking absurd to me... I'd love to know how they determined it's just a grade 1 strain. 

I want TA to come back 100% healthy. The last thing this team needs is him coming back too early and fucking up that groin even worse than it is. This team doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I assume they are team physicians, right?? Very rarely will a player seek a diagnosis from outside the organization. I'm just lumping them in with the "training staff", because the entire fucking organization seems to be completely incompetent when it comes to training and recovery. This team is as injury prone as it gets. How many guys have we watched come back from injury, only to immediately reaggravate that injury? Or come back looking like they're at like 60%?

Three weeks for a groin injury that looked as painful as TA's was just seems absolutely fucking absurd to me... I'd love to know how they determined it's just a grade 1 strain. 

I want TA to come back 100% healthy. The last thing this team needs is him coming back too early and fucking up that groin even worse than it is. This team doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

I guess you can lump physician's with training staff but most wouldn't. They have distinct roles.

The training staff is the day to day plan of care and rehab after the physicians determine the diagnosis from the physical exam and imaging.

They determined the grade 1 strain by:

1. Imaging

2. Range of motion

3. Tenderness/defect in the muscle

4. Decreased functional activities.