GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

The manager has helped drive roster acquisitions, for one

I wish we could get more clarity on the extent of this. I definitely believe it, but I want to know which decisions are Tony decisions. 

13 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I hope that old piece of shit (TLR) and this crap organization keep getting roasted by baseball people. 

Obviously they don't give a fuck what their fans say. Maybe as they become a laughing stock by baseball people then someone will care.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That wasn’t even close to his best stuff.  He was able to get the fastball velocity up but clearly couldn’t snap off the slider like he had been.  Go watch his outing in NY and tell me he couldn’t have dominated in the postseason if healthy.

Regardless, they weren't winning that series. 

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

If you’re saying Yolbert, that’s kinda scary. I’m not sold on him at all.

Okay wise-guy… if Yolbert Sanchez was named XYZ top 5 prospect and he was hitting .315, bet you would be calling for him to be up… stats & production > bullshit rankings

You probably own a Leury Garcia jersey 🤡

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah, they had the division wrapped up essentially before the all star break because these two teams had bad years. You are such a clown.

Get real. The Twins were hurt and bad and Cleveland had no interest in winning games. They would have finished in 3rd at best in the other AL divisions last year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Should not have been hitting 3rd either.

The hell is up with LaRussa. If not for his reputation, he’s absolute cannon fodder for an angry media mob. For every game where he gets it right, there are like 5 head scratching lineups. And random, seemingly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Okay wise-guy… if Yolbert Sanchez was named XYZ top 5 prospect and he was hitting .315, bet you would be calling for him to be up… stats & production > bullshit rankings

I HIGHLY doubt anyone outside of his direct relatives has one.

Unless a leftover autographed charity one at below cost.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, hankchifan said:

This loss was predetermined before the start of the game because of the terrible lineup construction.  Girardi and Madden were recently fired for much less incompetence.

I would say terrible starting 9, not just the construction 

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The hell is up with LaRussa. If not for his reputation, he’s absolute cannon fodder for an angry media mob. For every game where he gets it right, there are like 5 head scratching lineups. And random, seemingly.

He is ruining his legacy. Becoming a cartoon character. Should resign for his own good and the good of the team.

• Like 1

I don't understand how you guys think that the team was championship quality in 2020-2021. They were clearly not. It showed during the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs. 

It's hard to blame them for losing when they just got beat by better teams. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

His production has been very blah at Charlotte.  I mentioned earlier, but I’m more interested in a real upgrade.  Also, I’m one of the few on here that have talked to people that have seen Yolbert actually play and the reports were that he makes a lot of soft contact and didn’t necessarily look like a major leaguer.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan needs to watch some tape of his swing from 2019 and ditch whatever the hell he’s trying to do now.  He’s unplayable right now with an OPS near .400.

Moncada doesn't love the game. He isn't driven to be a great player. He is set for life financially at a very young age. He has no incentive to improve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

His production has been very blah at Charlotte.  I mentioned earlier, but I’m more interested in a real upgrade.  Also, I’m one of the few on here that have talked to people that have seen Yolbert actually play and the reports were that he makes a lot of soft contact and didn’t necessarily look like a major leaguer.

No reason to be upgrading until the winter. 

There's not much the Sox can do, too much dead weight. 

They have to hope that Moncada gets his shit together. 

I think Grandal, Leury and Pollock are just done, and completely expecting Lynn to come up here and be a gascan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Other than Cueto, which Dominican or Cuban player has outperformed?  I guess Ruiz might be the other.

Abreu Robert Moncada Garcia Jimenez...something has changed in that clubhouse or its management.

Might as well just sneak the Cuban National/Olympics/WBC coach or Abreu's choice in to replace TLR.

Because they can't eat all those contracts by any stretch of the imagination.

8 minutes ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Seriously what does it hurt to give Sanchez a look? He can't be any worse than what is being run out there right now and he might be better. I know the Sox are dragging their feet because they are only 5GB and they figure there is a long way to go. But that 5GB can turn in to 10GB in a real hurry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

So happy to see other crews state the obvious 

I'd love to see a brash crew basically laugh at Tony and clown him on television for this type of stuff. They were pretty blunt here, though.