6/10 Games

BamaDoc

2 minutes ago, bighurt4life said:

Most have Montgomery rated higher than Ramos it would seem, and I will say that I don’t know squat about scouting. But when you compare their numbers side by side, Ramos is doing just as well as Montgomery at a higher level and he’s a month younger. That has to mean something, if you take Colson’s fluky high BABIP out of the equation they have near identical OPS. I’m not sure why people aren’t as excited about Ramos as I am, but again, like I said I don’t know anything about scouting and am forced to just rely on the numbers I see  

Montgomery plays SS still and has athleticism that should allow him to continue to tap into more power. 

I don’t think anyone is not excited about Ramos, but Kanny has swallowed most of our prospects alive and Montgomery has been pretty damn good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who do you have rated higher?  Montgomery obviously, but are you suggesting Colas, Vera, & Sosa as well?

I think Montgomery is 1 for sure and it’s going to be tough to not have Sosa at 2. What he’s done at AA is insane and he’s 22 and plays the middle infield. Ramos could be 3. I’m just not sure I’d put him there. 

6 hours ago, bighurt4life said:

Most have Montgomery rated higher than Ramos it would seem, and I will say that I don’t know squat about scouting. But when you compare their numbers side by side, Ramos is doing just as well as Montgomery at a higher level and he’s a month younger. That has to mean something, if you take Colson’s fluky high BABIP out of the equation they have near identical OPS. I’m not sure why people aren’t as excited about Ramos as I am, but again, like I said I don’t know anything about scouting and am forced to just rely on the numbers I see  

Montgomery can play shortstop and there’s real first base risk with Ramos. Both are good prospects though for sure. This isn’t really part of this discussion but I’m curious to see what the Sox do with Ramos. He’s probably two years away from the majors potentially and he needs 40-man protection this off-season. I think he’s one of their most likely trade pieces 

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Montgomery plays SS still and has athleticism that should allow him to continue to tap into more power. 

I don’t think anyone is not excited about Ramos, but Kanny has swallowed most of our prospects alive and Montgomery has been pretty damn good.

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think Montgomery is 1 for sure and it’s going to be tough to not have Sosa at 2. What he’s done at AA is insane and he’s 22 and plays the middle infield. Ramos could be 3. I’m just not sure I’d put him there. 

Montgomery can play shortstop and there’s real first base risk with Ramos. Both are good prospects though for sure. This isn’t really part of this discussion but I’m curious to see what the Sox do with Ramos. He’s probably two years away from the majors potentially and he needs 40-man protection this off-season. I think he’s one of their most likely trade pieces 

The problem I have is that other than some stats is all we really have are the players highlights. The highlights of guys like Ramos look fantastic but don’t truly give a complete picture of him which you can only surmise watching in person. To me Ramos looks like a major leaguer right now because all I see him do is flash bat speed and hit homers. There are a million intangible things that going into making a great ball player.

lastly I see it written on here that “ so and so hasn’t played in a week and where is he”? I’m surprised that this site doesn’t have a contact on each minor league team that can give daily updates on players if needed. An example was the colas situation. He was gone for 3-4 days and nobody here knew anything. Eloy not playing for a day or two . Nobody knew anything.

I think you have to remember that the Future Sox guys and all those who contribute greatly to this forum are unpaid amateurs doing it out of love and may not be well connected to the organizations or may not live near any of the teams. Sure some have a little bit of access but if those teams want to hide whats going on they will hide it. Local reporters may have better access so I'm sure our guys follow whoever they have to on Twitter and many other forms of social media to find info.

We're lucky to have so many dedicated people devoted to the minor league Sox affiliates .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

The problem I have is that other than some stats is all we really have are the players highlights. The highlights of guys like Ramos look fantastic but don’t truly give a complete picture of him which you can only surmise watching in person. To me Ramos looks like a major leaguer right now because all I see him do is flash bat speed and hit homers. There are a million intangible things that going into making a great ball player.

lastly I see it written on here that “ so and so hasn’t played in a week and where is he”? I’m surprised that this site doesn’t have a contact on each minor league team that can give daily updates on players if needed. An example was the colas situation. He was gone for 3-4 days and nobody here knew anything. Eloy not playing for a day or two . Nobody knew anything.

This is pretty rude.

Ramos isn’t as highly rated because he can’t play a premium position.

At third, you either have to field exceptionally well or have plus power.   He has neither.

He projects more as a complementary player like an Urshela or Arraez.

If he can play second base, that would be much more exciting. LF, 1B or DH, negligible value.

Colson also hits left handed…has big time power potential, and the better arm.  More fluid and better defensive instincts.  Softer hands.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic