Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

I'd think "Fire Hahn" should be on some of the banners. I happen to think the GM is as bad as the manager or worse. Tony at least had a nice career with other franchises. His only huge failure was with the Sox.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I'd think "Fire Hahn" should be on some of the banners. I happen to think the GM is as bad as the manager or worse. Tony at least had a nice career with other franchises. His only huge failure was with the Sox.

Fire Rick Tone (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

10 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yep, you can’t do stuff like that in this dictatorship they run 

No, you can't, and the state of denial will continue. The FO can lash out at fans, but the team is under .500 at the season's mid-point, and there is no denying that. No, no one tells JR what to do no matter how many stupid things he does. 

• Like 2

Not a Tony fan but you can't blame the bottom of the ninth on him.  He's not telling Abreu to swing at awful pitches.  I'm sure he was as baffled as all of us to see Eloy beat that pitch into the ground.  These guys are pros and should know enough that when you have a pitcher with no control up there, you aren't going to swing at anything that doesn't look like a strike.  Also, and not many people are talking about this, there was an egregious strike call that went against Robert that may have changed the hitter's approach at the plate following that call.  Robert should have had a walk.  I'm glad he got the double but that call could have been a factor in the more aggressive approach after that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Not a Tony fan but you can't blame the bottom of the ninth on him.  He's not telling Abreu to swing at awful pitches.  I'm sure he was as baffled as all of us to see Eloy beat that pitch into the ground.  These guys are pros and should know enough that when you have a pitcher with no control up there, you aren't going to swing at anything that doesn't look like a strike.  Also, and not many people are talking about this, there was an egregious strike call that went against Robert that may have changed the hitter's approach at the plate following that call.  Robert should have had a walk.  I'm glad he got the double but that call could have been a factor in the more aggressive approach after that.

How about the extra run given up in the top of the 9th pitching banks in yet another high leverage situation and deciding to pitch to Torkelsen.  Can I blame him for that since it was the winning run

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

How about the extra run given up in the top of the 9th pitching banks in yet another high leverage situation and deciding to pitch to Torkelsen.  Can I blame him for that since it was the winning run

Yeah, I can't blame him for the bottom of the ninth, but I can blame him for many other things.

• Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Yeah, I can't blame him for the bottom of the ninth, but I can blame him for many other things.

It's all the little things with Tony.  Tiny mistakes that compound, moves, lack of moves, lineups, deciding to pitch to hitters, leaving pitchers in too long.  And then it manifests itself with a big ole fat L at the end of the night 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

And the sacrifice bunt with McGuire which reduced our mathematic odds of both scoring and winning.

• Hawk 1

35 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Well you can blame him for pinch hitting Leury to lead off the 9th instead of Zavala.  That move make absolutely ZERO sense.

You can also blame him for gift wrapping the Tigers their 2nd run in the top half of the 9th with just brutal managing. Banks should have never have been in there, but you certainly cannot keep him in to face Tork, nor should you have even pitched to Tork.  Just brutal.  

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's all the little things with Tony.  Tiny mistakes that compound, moves, lack of moves, lineups, deciding to pitch to hitters, leaving pitchers in too long.  And then it manifests itself with a big ole fat L at the end of the night 

Yeah, but he’s accountable to himself, and that’s all that really matters. Not making the same mind numbing, game losing mistakes over and over and over. He takes the heat, so all is well that ends well.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Thats what really pisses me off. Every one of his "I'm smarter than you" don't make the obvious move moves, blow up in his face. At some point, it's time for the higher ups to call  a clown is a clown. It's not only the fans that deserve better, it's the players as well.

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Thats what really pisses me off. Every one of his "I'm smarter than you" don't make the obvious move moves, blow up in his face. At some point, it's time for the higher ups to call  a clown is a clown. It's not only the fans that deserve better, it's the players as well.

It's easy to make the cute moves when your offense is a wrecking ball like some of the offenses he had in St Louis and Oakland, you just score over the mistake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

Or, alternatively, these players don't give a shit about winning or losing.  That's what happens when a manager loses the clubhouse....the players just go through the motions with little no pride in final outcomes.  

This team no doubt has had injury problems.  All the more reason to not have a manager that does stupid shit to help cost the team games.  Ricky was not the right man for the job so they moved on (although his teams played hard and had heart and were actually entertaining).  Time to move on from LaRussa.  I love the White Sox and love watching White Sox baseball but this crap is not entertaining these days. 

I am watching less White Sox baseball when they are supposed to be in their window of contention.  I don't think I am alone and that is a serious problem for a business that is supposed to be all about entertainment.  

Your product currently stinks....do something about it Rick or Kenny or Jerry.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well you can blame him for pinch hitting Leury to lead off the 9th instead of Zavala.  That move make absolutely ZERO sense.

You can also blame him for gift wrapping the Tigers their 2nd run in the top half of the 9th with just brutal managing. Banks should have never have been in there, but you certainly cannot keep him in to face Tork, nor should you have even pitched to Tork.  Just brutal.  

The under the weather thing is mystifying to me as well.  If Vaughn plays tonight, he should have batted for McGuire then Garcia could have run.  They were not using Garcia or any other hitter in any other spot in the 9th.

Seby was a better option to hit but less speed if he got on but they needed two runs.

The game has clearly passed by his sense of smell. 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's easy to make the cute moves when your offense is a wrecking ball like some of the offenses he had in St Louis and Oakland, you just score over the mistake

I'm just gonna keep repeating a number of things:

1. I've become convinced that Tony is only a Hall of Famer because of steroids and STL having Pujols/Molina
  2. I finally understand why Rick Ankiel's career went sideways.
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm just gonna keep repeating a number of things:

1. I've become convinced that Tony is only a Hall of Famer because of steroids and STL having Pujols/Molina
  2. I finally understand why Rick Ankiel's career went sideways.

Players make the HOF because they are great players. Managers make the HOF because they had great players. Tony seems to think his rosters resembled the 2017 White Sox but his genius made up for it.