Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Impressive...you got the first 4 right...Replace Guillen with Stanky and you would have nailed it.

I couldn’t decide on a 5th so I went with the guy who won the title.  I almost went with Bob Lemon as #5.  I’ve been a fan since ‘72.  Too young to really remember if Tanner was good just liked him because he managed “my” team.  I really like Torborg and think Lamont is underrated.  I know I’m in the minority, but I didn’t mind Manual and never liked Ozzie even as they were winning it all.

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

I couldn’t decide on a 5th so I went with the guy who won the title.  I almost went with Bob Lemon as #5.  I’ve been a fan since ‘72.  Too young to really remember if Tanner was good just liked him because he managed “my” team.  I really like Torborg and think Lamont is underrated.  I know I’m in the minority, but I didn’t mind Manual and never liked Ozzie even as they were winning it all.

I have a soft spot for Lamont because he treated my family with great respect at a Spring Training game in Florida.  Posed for pictures...gave my daughter the signed lineup card for the day's game...and talked with all of us like he appreciated that we came down to talk to him.  Ozzie lost me when his kids were allowed to stick their noses into club business.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Serious question: do we actually know that TLR was forced upon Hahn/KW by JR, or are we all just assuming that?

1. The guy Hahn described as who they wanted for manager in his after season press conference was definitely not Tony LaRussa. 

2. The marketing team sent out an email about the hiring of LaRussa with AJ Hinch's signature on it. 

I think the majority in the FO probably wanted Hinch. It could very well be that Jerry had an issue with hiring Hinch after the Astros cheating scandal and wanted to hire LaRussa as the alternative. 

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

1. The guy Hahn described as who they wanted for manager in his after season press conference was definitely not Tony LaRussa. 

2. The marketing team sent out an email about the hiring of LaRussa with AJ Hinch's signature on it. 

I think the majority in the FO probably wanted Hinch. It could very well be that Jerry had an issue with hiring Hinch after the Astros cheating scandal and wanted to hire LaRussa as the alternative. 

Hinch was house shopping in Chicago, I believe Jimmy reported 

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They even laundered the hiring through Bob to soften the blow.  And bent over backwards to not comment on the DUI.  Any other candidate they quietly move on from immediately. 

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Serious question: do we actually know that TLR was forced upon Hahn/KW by JR, or are we all just assuming that?

All you have to do is go back to the introductory press conference for TLR and you will see it all over RH face that it was not his decision

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Go back and watch Hahn’s press conference announcing TLR and decide for yourself. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Montoyo gets fired, but Tony keeps his job.  Makes sense.  

Especially after an April contract extension because the front office in Toronto actually wants to win and thinks they have a chance.

Yet we're stuck with the worst performing GM in all of sports and a braindead vampire in the dugout.