Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

8 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Ok imo here is most likely reason TLR hasn't been fired:. AJP is in the middle of a contract as an announcer for Fox.... So they can't just fire POSHOFTLR and hire AJP right away.  Hopefully AJP gets hired the day after the season and his Fox contract is over...is this a possibility am I on to something? 

Idk if he would be anywhere near my list of top guys I want the Sox to hire but I would take him all day over LaRussa.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk if he would be anywhere near my list of top guys I want the Sox to hire but I would take him all day over LaRussa.

AJ isn’t someone I’d want to hire off the street, but I doubt a broadcasting gig is the holdup if he were next in line. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just for the level of energy and aggressiveness, and knowledge as a former MLB catcher he is the Anti-LaRussa.

, which is what we need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I want a spanish speaking manager.  Our team is full of spanish speaking players.  Beltran?

I would be generally skeptical on guys who were so directly involved in the Astros cheating scandal, but I would still say the same thing I've been saying since 2020 - act like a billion dollar business, conduct a series of in depth interviews, and then pick the best fit for the organization based on those discussions, and if that turns out to be a Beltran then go for it and we'll judge the performance on the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spanish speaking with something to prove, former catcher or someone who seemed to understand hitting and working an AB to their favor

Sox need a guy who can bring an offense based philosophy, that can be taught up and down the org, preferably someone who doesn't have deep ties to the White Sox. I've seen enough White Sox running the White Sox

Maddon I suppose would be fine presuming we allow him full reign over managerial/coaching hires

If Hahn/KW/JR is just gonna be the marionette working from the shadows, then it won't matter who the damn coaches are

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 1

It may be that he’s almost 80 years old and is probably at the ballpark for 12 hours every day.

I wish he had the awareness to realize he’s not physically or mentally able to do this job anymore, but he’s too stubborn. We’re stuck with him until he gets “promoted” to an advisory role. Then, he’ll be involved in hiring the next guy.

13 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

It may be that he’s almost 80 years old and is probably at the ballpark for 12 hours every day.

I wish he had the awareness to realize he’s not physically or mentally able to do this job anymore, but he’s too stubborn. We’re stuck with him until he gets “promoted” to an advisory role. Then, he’ll be involved in hiring the next guy.

I refuse to believe this org is dumb enough to bring him back in the dugout next year.  Call him an advisor if you want, but office space the fuck out of him if you do that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Joe Kelly is already here next year. I’m not sure they can afford big energy.

Or Pollock and Leury...they will have puff pieces claiming Grandal has never been this healthy since his twenties and Kelly can even go...back to back, sometimes.

Feel sorry for Cueto and Abreu.

(Well not so much after watching his defense erode all season long.)