Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

Just now, wegner said:

There really is no way LaRussa is back in the dugout next season, right?  Please.  Pretty Please.

I'd say it's more likely than not that he's not the manager next season. He won't leave though. He'll say that he doesn't have the energy to manage every day and they'll make him a special assistant to either Kenny or Rick, and he'll still have some input on player decisions when any input is too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'd say it's more likely than not that he's not the manager next season. He won't leave though. He'll say that he doesn't have the energy to manage every day and they'll make him a special assistant to either Kenny or Rick, and he'll still have some input on player decisions when any input is too much.

They don’t actually have to listen to him tho. Give him a desk in the basement under the air conditioner until he quits. 

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

And then he complains to the boss and everything he asks for happens.

Yeah, that's why moving him upstairs solves very little. He wouldn't be able to pinch hit Leury for Zavala in the 9th inning, but he's still be influencing important personnel decisions.

If the new manager isn't someone who's both willing and able to make wholesale changes to the coaching staff, then the impact of a new manager will be minimal.

Sox should fire LaRussa and Menechino now so they can see how the team performs for a different manager and hitting coach in the last month of the season.  It will give them some additional information when deciding what to do in the offseason.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You really are a funny guy!

ZWxsYXMxOS5naWY.gif

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

17 hours ago, wegner said:

There really is no way LaRussa is back in the dugout next season, right?  Please.  Pretty Please.

If he wasn't so close to 3,000 managerial wins, I would be more confident that he won't be back. I WANT to be wrong, I would LOVE to be wrong, but my feeling is he sticks around until he gets #3,000 and then he rides off into the sunset.

28 minutes ago, The Critic said:

If he wasn't so close to 3,000 managerial wins, I would be more confident that he won't be back. I WANT to be wrong, I would LOVE to be wrong, but my feeling is he sticks around until he gets #3,000 and then he rides off into the sunset.

He's 116 wins away. Given this teams pull to .500 maybe we go 18-16 in september/oct giving him 100 needed. I don't think he sticks around anticipating that. Had they been a 90 game winner this year it would have been pretty straightforward and we'd all be happier. I will say I'd bet it was a lot of the thought behind his 3 year contract

30 minutes ago, The Critic said:

Somehow that put the phrase in my head....."and the horse he rode in on."

My guess is that It is probably announced early in the offseason that he is movin on up or it is not happening at all.  Depressing thought.

Should they cancel Soxfest now or later?  I do not think they want to be taking questions from the crowd at those panel discussions.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Should they cancel Soxfest now or later?  I do not think they want to be taking questions from the crowd at those panel discussions.

Agreed, theres no way they are facing the fans after this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Agreed, theres no way they are facing the fans after this season.

"Due to an abundance of caution, SoxFest will be canceled this year.   We hope to be back next year....unless the team sucks again.  Feel free to leave a voicemail with your questions or concerns for any of the coaching staff or front office....that number is 1-877-328-7448....once again that number is 1-877-EAT-SHIT." 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

tony wont be back. season ticket renewals and/or playoff deposits will be the wakeup call they need. 

i expect two things to get back in my good graces before next year if they want to sniff my $$ ...

a) can the entire staff, and admit the failure openly. take responsibility. 

b) trade or sign for a competent left handed right fielder. 

c) won't happen. make a big shakeup. for real someone like Ohtani. Or Trea Turner. Again, i know the last point aint happening, but this team with a new manager and one actual competent all star caliber player in RF or 2B is back to the top for WS contenders next year. 

29 minutes ago, he gone. said:

tony wont be back. season ticket renewals and/or playoff deposits will be the wakeup call they need. 

i expect two things to get back in my good graces before next year if they want to sniff my $$ ...

a) can the entire staff, and admit the failure openly. take responsibility. 

b) trade or sign for a competent left handed right fielder. 

c) won't happen. make a big shakeup. for real someone like Ohtani. Or Trea Turner. Again, i know the last point aint happening, but this team with a new manager and one actual competent all star caliber player in RF or 2B is back to the top for WS contenders next year. 

I think Nimmo should be priority #1.  Conforto also wouldn't be a bad fallback option, but Nimmo is a better fit because he's a better defender.  

2 hours ago, The Critic said:

He has a bigger target in mind, and as long as Jerry is alive he has a shot at the big enchilada.

1. Connie Mack 3,731
  2. Tony La Russa 2,884

Will get there by the end of 2034 (7 more wins this year, twelve more 70 win seasons).

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He has a bigger target in mind, and as long as Jerry is alive he has a shot at the big enchilada.

1. Connie Mack 3,731
  2. Tony La Russa 2,884

Will get there by the end of 2034 (7 more wins this year, twelve more 70 win seasons).

47 year old Leury Garcia pinch hitting and reaching 1st base on a wildpitch strike 3 with the winning run scoring from third to take him over the top.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is fine.

When you just don't play baseball well, that is a problem.  

By the way, I really think I have a problem.  When he started talking about the schedule that was left, I thought "hey they do still have a shot at this.  The Braves got hot at the end of the season last year."  I need some sort of professional help.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, wegner said:

When you just don't play baseball well, that is a problem.  

By the way, I really think I have a problem.  When he started talking about the schedule that was left, I thought "hey they do still have a shot at this.  The Braves got hot at the end of the season last year."  I need some sort of professional help.

Pretty sure the Braves weren't two under after 128...