15 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Worst?

• Mike "Psycho" Keenan - Blackhawks
    • Tony "Aged like fine Milk" Larussa - White Sox
    • Lee "Print It" Elia - Cubs
    • Abe "11-30" Gibron - Bears
    • Tim "Christmas" Floyd - Bulls

22 hours ago, Brian said:

Tim Floyd is a no brainer for me. Way in over his head. Vinny Del Negro up there too.

I don't know, I think Jim Boylen has to make an appearance on that list. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Seriously, he hit that "league laughingstock" level that TLR is in. I'd say trestman, boylen, TLR were just too embarrassing. Terry Bevington was awful too.

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao the bulls have an entire coaching staff in this list, you could argue Hoiberg was in the same list because that guy couldn't adjust to anything 

I think Hoiberg was normal bad. I even kinda lean that Floyd was normal bad. Very controversial but I'm not so sure he was worse than Cartwright :ninja:

Some coaches are going to just be bad. But the truly special ones, well they turn your team into that beautiful confluence of national laughing stock that only builds the embarrassment daily as the front office is forced to admit that yes, they stand behind this moron.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think Hoiberg was normal bad. I even kinda lean that Floyd was normal bad. Very controversial but I'm not so sure he was worse than Cartwright :ninja:

Some coaches are going to just be bad. But the truly special ones, well they turn your team into that beautiful confluence of national laughing stock that only builds the embarrassment daily as the front office is forced to admit that yes, they stand behind this moron.

It was such a long blob of bad basketball with a few bright spots shining through. It's hard to say who was normal bad with all of them.  Ffs we had two Jim Boylen/Boylans 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I just couldn't add him to the list. He's a genuinely nice guy with a great family. He was solid as an assistant here with the Spurs. 

I'm upset that I can't genuinely say La Russa after watching the Trestman and Boylen clown shows. Like I even want to try and argue that Tony is squandering talent, whereas Boylen was rebuilding, but man, Boylen put a fucking punch clock in the gym and called timeouts to "coach" with 40 seconds left in game.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, Kyyle23 said:

It was such a long blob of bad basketball with a few bright spots shining through. It's hard to say who was normal bad with all of them.  Ffs we had two Jim Boylen/Boylans 

As a loooong time Bulls follower, I'm trying to go at it from the opposite direction and concentrate on the ones who had players performing over their heads.  Motta, Collins, Jackson, Thibs?  Lotta mediocrity and worse on the list of also rans.  Scott Skiles was OK for a while but not in the top four.  At least he had a clue.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:17 PM, HOFHurt35 said:

None of the those listed there even crack my (lifetime) top 5. 

1. Bevington 

2. Trestman

3. Boylen

4. John Fox

5. Nagy

The Bears easily take the crown for hiring duds.

I still laugh when I think of the sign held up by a fan many years ago at Soldier Field, it read "THEY SENT THE WRONG NEIL ARMSTRONG TO THE MOON"

• Haha 1