GT 6/12: TEX @ SOX, 1:10 PM CT, NBCSC

23 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

One thing this weekend emphasizes is that the starting pitchers have to get better at getting through at least 6 innings. Today's freak injury notwithstanding, Kopech, Cease and Giolito have all struggled to make it through 6 innings this year. As a result, the bullpen is overworked and we have more days with guys unavailable.

That was my observation too from earlier in the year. 6 innings should be the standard.

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

This is a situation where you needed that Despaigne guy....remember he's the guy that never even liked to warm up before a game he started.  Odrisamer "Minimum Effort" Despaigne.

I’d love someone like Sean Lowe out there.

But it’s okay, they are only almost 7 back in the Central and 2.5 back in the Wild Card and when they miss the playoffs they’ll talk about injuries and a need to get better. What a joke.

By the way, great performance in front of such strong crowds this weekend.  Almost always the case where they underperform.

Would be first series win for Rangers in Chicago in 8 years. 

But you just know Menechino firing will be the news next week to protect TLR.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

By the way, great performance in front of such strong crowds this weekend.  Almost always the case where they underperform.

Would be first series win for Rangers in Chicago in 8 years. 

But you just know Menechino firing will be the news next week to protect TLR.

I bet that doesn't even happen.  Jr doesn't care!

Edited by Sox80

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Jimmy Lambert

Maybe Kopech just turned something  and it's precautionary. 

Going to see some Tanner Banks today. 

Really don’t think pushing Lynn up when his velocity is questionable makes much sense.  Will just get reinjured.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Gray had a 5+ ERA coming into today and is carving us up Bruce Chen style right now.  Glad Hahn didn’t think adding a left-handed bat was important.

He was so brilliant not to get tricked by Boras into signing Conforto, though.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Impressively bad inning there.  I didn't think it could get worse.

Any team that pitches a LHP to start or relief needs to have their head examined. 

Yet another reason the Guardians give the Sox fits…RHP heavy.

And we do miss Tarik Skubal, LHP but the Tigers’ best starter, roughed up today by Jays.

Edited by caulfield12