GT 6/21: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

A major league RP throwing 100 is far better than a starting pitcher with only a handful of games above AA that has not pitched our of the pen before and doesn't have the stuff (velo) to be a bullpen guy 

I've lied to myself about Ruiz the past 3 years. 

Trust me, he sucks.   He would have given up that inning the exact same way the kid did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

So our hopes come down to Harrison, Mendick , and Anderson.

Joy.

Well Harrison won't have anyone on base and Mendick and Tim have got on twice together. Of course Tim got picked off and no one after them did anything. Thinking Tim might try to jack one to LF if someone gets on ahead of him.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Exactly, this is a slightly above average roster that he makes very average due to his awful decisions.  Amazing the roster is as bad as it is given where it was around a year ago.

I think there are plenty of contending teams who would swap their core for the Sox, in large part because they don't maximize even the good players because of poor coaching & injury management.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Exactly, this is a slightly above average roster that he makes very average due to his awful decisions.  Amazing the roster is as bad as it is given where it was around a year ago.

Agree that with TLR around we are destined to a 3rd place finish in the division this year.  It is one bad decision after another.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I've lied to myself about Ruiz the past 3 years. 

Trust me, he sucks.   He would have given up that inning the exact same way the kid did. 

Hellen Keller would have known to put Ruiz in. It was a flat out idiotic call to put a rookie starter in the 8th

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah it’s a damn shame this team has been run into the ground. They are lucky they play in the Central because they’d be in dead last in just about any other division