6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Cannot refute this point at this juncture.  But the door is definitely still open. 

I mean somehow the Sox are still 100% in control of their own fate.  They can still win their way into a deep playoff run.

The odds of that seems pretty terrible though.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean somehow the Sox are still 100% in control of their own fate.  They can still win their way into a deep playoff run.

The odds of that seems pretty terrible though.

We get a really big answer on this over the next 3 weeks as its our shot against Minny and Cleveland. Pile up the wins against those teams and this is a race. .500 ball agaiinst them and they're barely hanging on...anything worse and you might as well waive the white flag.

It's just hard to imagine a team getting their "swag" back when we seem more worried about addressing all of the ouchies.

By no means am I saying I am tougher, I get hurt sitting at my desk somedays... But sheesh...

Got to hope the training staff actually knows how to get these guys healthy and confident enough in their bodies to play confidently.

But I don't see evidence of our ability to do that.

Prediction based on how things have gone lately:

Sox do surprisingly well on this road trip. 4-2 or maybe 5-1 and all the way back above .500.

Sox then play surprisingly poorly at home and lose 4 or 5 of 7 at home against Minny and Detroit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada  .523 OPS

Grandal   .531 OPS

Eloy   .590 OPS

Our problems are solved LOL!

I prefer to use larger sample sizes when predicting future events. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

We need some swag and luck starting this road trip

ta7-walkoff.gif

Last time I remember being happy as a Sox fan. 

(Not a coincidence, Tony wasn't there)

FIRE TONY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I'm baffled that McGuire played about the same as Grandal if not more now Zavala is playing more than McGuire.

To me this means Grandal is hurt and Tony hates McGuire.

I be mistaken but it seems that way to me.

Garcia must be hurt again which again shows that him playing 3 in a row is managerial stupidity. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I am deeply truly sorry your precious volatile fragile feelings are so distraught at the mere suggestion that the team should remove a dreadfully underperforming manager.  Perhaps tis not myself that needs to do the growing up.

No one's feelings are hurt. Where do you even get that?  I'm just tired of the juvenile LDS.

You 100,000 post p****s need to stop!

22 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

No one's feelings are hurt. Where do you even get that?  I'm just tired of the juvenile LDS.

You 100,000 post p****s need to stop!

Man.....somebody's panties are in a bunch. Calm down dude, this is message board where folks post their feelings (good or bad) about the team, manager, players, FO......