Sox at San Fran 7/1/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lance Lynn versus Alex Cobb.  Sox 4-1 all time in San Fran.

Should be 5-0. I was at the only loss. Jose Q. was shutting them out 1 to zip in the 7th. Our only run scored on a homer into SF bay by Adam Dunn.

Then Tyler Flowers was called for blocking the plate(the first one ever called after the rules change). The extra out opened the flood gates.

Worst part about it was the runner trying to score was out by 10 feet.

Okay White Sox, long overdue for this team to hit on all cylinders so let's see a strong pitching performace from Lynn tonight together with a big offensive output from the bats. I believe a win jumpstarts this team to a series win over the Giants.

A guy with a ERA of 5 is pretty dangerous to the Sox.  If Leury is in the lineup I probably wont watch.  If Yermin is in their lineup I might watch.  If this was a home game I could see fans giving Yermin a standing O.   In my fantasy world if there was a decision to intentionally walk Yermin,  hope they lob it so he could hit it out.   We are still stuch with the ass-hat manager.

7 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Okay White Sox, long overdue for this team to hit on all cylinders so let's see a strong pitching performace from Lynn tonight together with a big offensive output from the bats. I believe a win jumpstarts this team to a series win over the Giants.

How many jumpstarts can their be?

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

A guy with a ERA of 5 is pretty dangerous to the Sox.  If Leury is in the lineup I probably wont watch.  If Yermin is in their lineup I might watch.  If this was a home game I could see fans giving Yermin a standing O.   In my fantasy world if there was a decision to intentionally walk Yermin,  hope they lob it so he could hit it out.   We are still stuch with the ass-hat manager.

Mercedes is in AAA so he won't be playing barring a late/unexpected callup

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Sheets in the biggest RF on the planet is funny 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

LOLeury starting, thank goodness.

I typically don't advocate for Leury playing a lot of OF, but given the options I would play either Leury or Heasley, or bring up someone who can actually play RF, and not play Sheets or Vaughn in RF this weekend.

I expect a lot of Lynn swearing, dirty looks and steak discussions.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I typically don't advocate for Leury playing a lot of OF, but given the options I would play either Leury or Heasley, or bring up someone who can actually play RF, and not play Sheets or Vaughn in RF this weekend.

I expect a lot of Lynn swearing, dirty looks and steak discussions.

Josh Harrison did have an .850 OPS in June.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Josh Harrison did have an .850 OPS in June.

Yes. If guys aren't healthy enough, than it is what it is.

I'd like to see Leury, Robert and Pollock/Vaughn from Right to Left in the OF, and Moncada Anderson Harrison and Abreu in the Infield for at least two of the games. I doubt we will see that lineup for any of the three games, because Platoon is the be all and end all, catching baseballs be damned.

3 hours ago, zisk said:

Should be 5-0. I was at the only loss. Jose Q. was shutting them out 1 to zip in the 7th. Our only run scored on a homer into SF bay by Adam Dunn.

Then Tyler Flowers was called for blocking the plate(the first one ever called after the rules change). The extra out opened the flood gates.

Worst part about it was the runner trying to score was out by 10 feet.

What did Hawk have to say?