Sox at San Fran 7/1/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

I'm truly in awe of anyone able to pay attention anything right now because I'm still over here trying to process how Hall of Famer Tony La Russa thought pinch running Jake Burger for Andrew Vaughn was a smart move.

• Haha 1

Just now, Quin said:

I'm truly in awe of anyone able to pay attention anything right now because I'm still over here trying to process how Hall of Famer Tony La Russa thought pinch running Jake Burger for Andrew Vaughn was a smart move.

I get it actually.  Vaughn has leg issue right now causing him to be slower than usual.  Burger is definitely faster.  Haseley is still available to go into RF if needed.   Doesn’t matter though with this offense.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The argument will be he wanted to hold Haseley in case of an outfield injury or defensive substitution if they actually got a lead.

Put Harrison at 2nd & Leury in RF. Problem solved. TLR needlessly galaxy braining himself into a bad situation for no reason.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

That pitch was only like 8 inches off the plate. Imagine how good Robert could be if he had the slightest clue at the plate

Menechino just signed a three year extension...salary for three years same as one of Wesley Johnson at LSU. Too big a bargain to pass up.

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Luis has no shot this AB. Continuing to swing at junk

Ground3d out on a ball 6 inches outside of the zone.  Most of our guys are impatient, swinging at most everything, and not able to hit sliders, splitters, unless they get a fastball they have no chance.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Wait, why the fuck would you use Jake Burger as a pinch runner but not a pinch hitter?

What the absolute fuck?

because TLR is an inept manager, and he needed his bad decision streak alive.