Sox at San Fran 7/1/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

30 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Against all odds, but kudos finally To TLR and Leury Legend.

Pinch running Hasely was also a good move.  Surviving Banks and Leury RBI hit in the 9 th was indeed against all odds.  Let’s enjoy it while we can.

9 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Pinch running Hasely was also a good move.  Surviving Banks and Leury RBI hit in the 9 th was indeed against all odds.  Let’s enjoy it while we can.

Is that the one with Tom Hanks?

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is that the one with Tom Hanks?

The movie was Saving Mr. Banks. Tom Hanks plays Walt Disney.  The movie is about the female author of Mary Poppins.  Figure that TLR was saving Tanner Banks for the worst possible situation in a tied game late, and then surviving against all odds.

Went to a concert last night so wasn’t able to watch. Was TLR using Banks as dumb as it looked in the box score? I assume there were a couple lefties coming up and we’re not exactly flush with great pen options atm, but Banks shouldn’t even be in the big leagues let alone pitching high leverage innings. 

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Went to a concert last night so wasn’t able to watch. Was TLR using Banks as dumb as it looked in the box score? I assume there were a couple lefties coming up and we’re not exactly flush with great pen options atm, but Banks shouldn’t even be in the big leagues let alone pitching high leverage innings. 

He brought banks into the game in a 0-0 score to face lefties but SF pinch hit for a couple of then. But to answer your question, yes, yes he did. Then the had Jimmy Lambert warming up behind him so yea….

51 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The movie was Saving Mr. Banks. Tom Hanks plays Walt Disney.  The movie is about the female author of Mary Poppins.  Figure that TLR was saving Tanner Banks for the worst possible situation in a tied game late, and then surviving against all odds.

Banks is our new 8th inning guy then....what could go wrong?

45 minutes ago, wegner said:

Banks is our new 8th inning guy then....what could go wrong?

Any team who has two of its top four relievers on the IL is going to have to put marginal guys into high leverage spots. Given SF's lefty heavy lineup, Banks was the best option among the marginal guys.