Sox at San Fran 7/3/22 game thread I left my manager in San Francisco

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yoan might have gotten a hit with a guy on 3rd yesterday...but he still has issues in those situations. 

I'm not sure about that. Career 118 wRC+ in RISP situations seems pretty good to me. That is well above the league average this year, for example.

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Gavin is the solution to our bases loaded problem apparently. 

He went the other way.  Our other guys failing with bases load have been righties pulling the ball on the ground and not going the other way.  TA has been called out on this a couple of times ar least.

12 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm not sure about that. Career 118 wRC+ in RISP situations seems pretty good to me. That is well above the league average this year, for example.

It's not RISP alone that's the issue. It's a team wide problem with getting guys in from 3rd and less than 2 outs. Their approach in these situations suck. They end up hitting a lot of grounders right into the drawn in infield. 

Just now, chw42 said:

It's not RISP alone that's the issue. It's a team wide problem with getting guys in from 3rd and less than 2 outs. Their approach in these situations suck. They end up hitting a lot of grounders right into the drawn in infield. 

Yoan's been bad in all situations this year. But 6 PA's or whatever obviously isn't enough to draw any conclusions from in any direction.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They are hitting too many ground balls in general, not really a situational thing

• Like 2