Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm feeling a sweep so we can finally forget about winning anything this year. Hopefully it's bad enough for Tony to leave the dugout for the last time in his long and storied career. 

I am as disappointed with this year to date as anybody...but what's with the negativity.  You are usually a little more patient.  If the breaks go our way we can be in first place in a week or two.  

18 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I doubt they send Sheets down for Eloy and sending down Hasely who can play outfield, for Jimenez who should play mostly DH, wouldn't be wise (although that never stops the Sox management).  With Eloy back, Burger will probably get even less ABs than he has since Moncada's been back and he's too valuable to have just sitting on the bench doing nothing.  He needs to be playing every day to get his ABs and he can play 3B every day at Charlotte to improve his defense and be ready to come back up and contribute if Yoan gets injured again.

Agreed. That's why Burger is the logical choice.

This game tonight is a big one. It will really set the tone for the series which the Sox need to at least take 2 of 3. This next two weeks before the break is going to show if they are pretenders or contenders. 

At worst they can't be more than 4 or 5 games back heading in to the second half of the season. The schedule favors them in the second half but as we saw against the Orioles that doesn't mean much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

This game tonight is a big one. It will really set the tone for the series which the Sox need to at least take 2 of 3. This next two weeks before the break is going to show if they are pretenders or contenders. 

At worst they can't be more than 4 or 5 games back heading in to the second half of the season. The schedule favors them in the second half but as we saw against the Orioles that doesn't mean much. 

O’s probably like the 4th or 5th best team left on the Sox schedule. It’s that weak. Around half of our remaining schedule is against the dregs of the MLB. But yeah…gotta make hay and Sox haven’t to this point against anyone but Det.

Edited by ChiSox59

42 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I am as disappointed with this year to date as anybody...but what's with the negativity.  You are usually a little more patient.  If the breaks go our way we can be in first place in a week or two.  

Thank you. I use to think we were a middle of the pack franchise. Then last year I was shown just how horrible historically we actually are. After that it's just been down hill. 

Isn't it always the Twins to crush our season?

Here's hoping for the best.

15 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Let's sweep these Twinkies and really get back into it!

17 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Thank you. I use to think we were a middle of the pack franchise. Then last year I was shown just how horrible historically we actually are. After that it's just been down hill. 

I thought in their overall history the Sox had a .500 plus record?

1 hour ago, SpringfieldFan said:

They’re really good at finishing second or third before 2013-2019…but there was a point if you went 1993 or 2000 through 2005/06/08 where they were third in MLB winning percentage behind only the Yankees and Braves, maybe the Cardinals passed them for third at some point in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpringfieldFan said:

They do, they are about 100 games over .500, their winning percentage is .503. After the GO GO years IIRC they were 250 games over .500. So since 1967 they have been 150 games under .500.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would the Cubs/Ricketts really cancel a July 4th home game if they weren’t in MIL?

Or if wasn’t the 308th mass shooting of the year…well more than one per day on average in the US.

Australia is looking mighty good. I've researched ex-pat communities in Mexico. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Our post season record is really bad especially since the playoff era started in 1969 except of course 2005.