Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

This is a stupid team. 

I need a reporter to man up and ask questions about how do mlb players get tripled up on a play like that????!!!!

I hate TLR but if I'm him I call a meeting after this game and let this team fucking have it....

LOL!

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

This is a stupid team. 

I need a reporter to man up and ask questions about how do mlb players get tripled up on a play like that????!!!!

I hate TLR but if I'm him I call a meeting after this game and let this team fucking have it....

Low Energy.  He can't even get thrown out convincingly. 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

TA can’t hit the breaking ball and didn’t even bother running to first. Act like you give a shit, watch your performance tonight and think about your words about being the best. Play better.

TA was pitched a total of 6 balls out of the zone and he managed to strike out.  He has been a bust with RISP swinging at everything.

Just now, fathom said:

Never seen a team that acts more like they’re 10 games up with a month left in the season. Lazy effort, saving their legs, etc.

It's such an unlikeable team. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Man I was so happy when I thought we were out of it last week. Then they pull me back in just to disappoint me again with dumb bullshit. I hate this team...

Even if this team manages to hang in the race because the division + 6 seed is so mediocre, I think cashing in on pieces like Lynn, Hendriks, Graveman, Pollock if they can etc is in the best interest of the organization

• Like 2

Questions or outline of questions that should be asked but won't be. ...

-- TA didn't run on the final K of the game. Why? No way he'd be safe? Frustrated?

-- Triple play. Really? How does dat happen?

-- Joe Kelly? Uh why was he so miserable tonight?

-- Play vs. the Central. Why are the Sox so bad vs the Central.

I realize most of these questions can't be asked. I'm just frustrated with myself for thinking Sox might get hot still and win this lousy division.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Triple play is going to get all the attention but the offense still sucked.  Abreu was great but Robert was a total joke.  

The organization is letting Abreu down. Him putting up like a 145 wRC+ at this age is ridiculous. We know he wants to be a White Sox for life but it's not going to happen because Rick Hahn assembled a roster with no depth anywhere except for the only position Jose can play.

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This is a stupid team. 

Used up all his energy arguing balls and strikes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s not a single player on the team that if they traded I would be heartbroken.  

That does say a lot. I used to like Moncada as a ballplayer. I love Jose A. but it'd be OK with me for him to get traded to a contender. I like Vaughn, Sheets and Burger but wouldn't cry over a deal. ... I like Cease and our other 5-6 inning starters but don't care if they are dealt.

Not one reliever would sadden me if they get dealt. I think fathom hit it on the head. You know this team blows when it has no must-keep players except maybe Timmy A and Robert. Tmmy is still fairly special. And maybe Vaughn and Sheets and Burger. 

Burger's defense is always going to be meh. Though when the ball gets juiced the next season he may bash Horner-like HR totals.

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That one hurts. Next 2 must wins, tbh. Game should have been a comfy lead for Sox after 7. 

Without the running blunder, it would have been men on first and third with one out in a tied game, with Hendriks and Graveman ready to protect a lead.  Would have liked our chances in that scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The organization is letting Abreu down. Him putting up like a 145 wRC+ at this age is ridiculous. We know he wants to be a White Sox for life but it's not going to happen because Rick Hahn assembled a roster with no depth anywhere except for the only position Jose can play.

And the coaches on the offensive side seem clueless how to stop the decline of guys who were supposed to be the core.  My god, Yoan/Robert/Eloy were supposed to be the 2/3/4 hitters for the rest of the decade, and there’s not a sure thing in the bunch now.  It’s like the Mets version of Paul Wilson, Pulsipher and Isringhausen.

• Like 2

Very very hard to like this team. 

Overreacting I'm sure but I feel like tomorrows game is a must win game. Lose and I have no doubt they get swept and are probably out of the race by the break.

Just way too many players are underperforming or not performing at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

At the end there was a shot of Abreu sitting by himself on the bench looking at the Twins celebrating. He looked dejected as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, chw42 said:

At the end there was a shot of Abreu sitting by himself on the bench looking at the Twins celebrating. He looked dejected as hell. 

He had a chance to win the game in the 9th and avoid that whole fiasco. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

No sense of urgency. No focus. No coaching. No accountability.  

I'm getting to the point of a divorce from this organization.   The only way to success is how it happened to the Blackhawks and Colts.  Someone died.

Such a winnable game, even after the dumbest play I've seen in a long time.

Kelly needs to go to AAA to work out his control.

Anderson is a really good player but would be UNREAL if he had patience and made the pitchers come to him. Same for Robert.