Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

Just now, kitekrazy said:

I'm getting to the point of a divorce from this organization.   The only way to success is how it happened to the Blackhawks and Colts.  Someone died.

It’s the thing everyone thinks but knows it’s not polite to say on here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Such a winnable game, even after the dumbest play I've seen in a long time.

Kelly needs to go to AAA to work out his control.

Anderson is a really good player but would be UNREAL if he had patience and made the pitchers come to him. Same for Robert.

Kelly walked 6.3 batters per 9 in 2020, although that was only in 10 innings of work. He's definitely just a high walks guy to begin with. 

52 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean it was clear Jose got hit too and they didn't overturn that. Just feels like everything is working against us today.

Pretty one-sided calls all night, and not for the home team.  

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tony looks like he’s about to die in the press conference. Mumbling and coughing 

I feel sorry for him. He's an old man. Time marches on. It does not stand still as much as we'd like it to sometimes. True he makes a lot of money but he's one old fella.

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

No sense of urgency. No focus. No coaching. No accountability.  

Hahn has to go. He put together a poorly constructed operation. If he listened to his owner in the process, well that’s unfortunate. Maybe you quit first, at the point where you are forced to do a bad job.

Just now, greg775 said:

I feel sorry for him. He's an old man. Time marches on. It does not stand still as much as we'd like it to sometimes. True he makes a lot of money but he's one old fella.

It’s one of those things where his family should really ask him if this is worth it.

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

I love that Ozzie is saying Tony was wrong for thinking Kelly was getting squeezed.

lol you can see how Tony only cares about his guys. The zone Cueto got was criminal, but Kelly was throwing shit all over the place not even near the zone and La Russa got pissed at him not getting calls on pitches that were half a foot outside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Tony and Jerry are the only 2 people in the world who think he's doing a good job. I think he's oblivious to how bad of a situation this is.

• Like 2

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Hahn has to go. He put together a poorly constructed operation. If he listened to his owner in the process, well that’s unfortunate. Maybe you quit first, at the point where you are forced to do a bad job.

Hahn should be punching himself in the face instead of punching a file cabinet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenHarrelsonsEyePatch said:

He hit a home run, a double, and score 2 of our 2 runs up to that point. He took advantage of his chances that game.

He had a great game. Not saying otherwise. 

Just now, chw42 said:

lol you can see how Tony only cares about his guys. The zone Cueto got was criminal, but Kelly was throwing shit all over the place not even near the zone and La Russa got pissed at him not getting calls on pitches that were half a foot outside. 

Same with Kopech vs. Lynn the next two days...just watch.

The following is a public service announcement from your Uncle Wegs...

Weekend sweeps of the Giants don't mean squat if you can't win in your own division. 

Edited by wegner
  • Love 1

The difference in this game was Buxton didn’t give up on a blast to the wall while Robert gave up on 2. Twins just played harder which is a common theme lately. TA not running is just icing on the cake. This reaction to injuries and such is just killing this team. You are not a playoff team if you don’t hustle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s the thing everyone thinks but knows it’s not polite to say on here

There is no pressure in this organization.  Coaches, scouts, players all like it here.   When the head guy make decisions that are suppose to be left to other people at some point they would leave.  But there's no pressure here.