Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I guess he was just excited…?  There’s really no good explanation that makes sense.  The ball wasn’t carrying well to the gaps all night long.

Only explanation is lack of focus and baseball fundamentals and incredible stupidity on the part of Yoan.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

That was one of the most disappointing losses I have ever experienced as a fan, and I've been on Soxtalk since before we won a WS. That Moncada brainfart was shocking. That's something I expect out of my novice Softball teammates.

Major unforced error.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

i was agreeing with you boss

I only watch white sox games and very few other mlb games.

I think overall balls and strikes have been terrible for the last few years specifically.

Tonight, was the first night in a while where i thought the balls and strikes were terrible.

but ya there were plenty of other bad plates this year.

"i will say its the first really bad umpiring ive seen in a while however."  When you said that I didn't think you were agreeing with me. There was some pretty lousy HP umpiring maybe 2 weeks ago. The Sox were the likely beneficiary in that one. Yeah just looked it up June 22nd White Sox beat Blue Jays 7-6 in 12 inning.

This from Twitter :

Doug Eddings Total Run Impact of 5.89 runs in yesterday’s game between the White Sox and Blue Jays ranks 5th highest all time and highest so far this season. You check out more of his and others’ games at our website!
Basically Edding's was calling everything a strike that were balls against both teams only more bad calls were against Toronto. Eddings strike accuracy for that game was 64% !!! when the average is 88%. 25 of the 70 pitches called strikes were actually balls !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Major unforced error.

How can 2 guys not tag up on the same play? Unreal, although i'm sure Engel didn't take because he saw Moncada. Also, if the Sox want me to renew, the better put in writing Joe Kelly will never pitch back to back games. Once a week is too much. That guy sucks.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I was at the game but forgot my phone...that was a mess.  Nice bobblehead.

First off why didnt Engel run for sheets intially.  He ends up at third on moncadas hit.

Moncada was half way to third ..first time he hustled in 2 years and makes history being may culprit in first ever 8-5 triple play.

Tim Anderson is not a leadoff hitter.

Tony guys thrown but nobody ever knew it. 

The offense is beyond broken Robert and Vaughn don't even try and pull the ball moncada doesn't even swing hard any more.

Great point on not pinch running for Sheets right away. More TLR incompetence that yet again cost us a game. 

Rooting for rain tonight. Rooting for the Sox to keep losing after last night’s inexcusable loss. Make some trades for 2023 and beyond.

ALCS will be Yankees and a non-Central team anyway, so let’s not lose our shit too much here.  This just isn’t the Sox year. 

• Like 1

The argument is the likelihood of scoring from second is much higher…negating or mitigating the value of Sheets’ value the next time up to bat over whatever Engel would likely produce.  There is a logic there, but it turned into a debacle obviously.

But the focus should have been scoring as quickly as possible with only two relievers after Foster, assuming Lopez was unavailable.  

Or TLR simply trusts Kelly over Lopez this past month, which is pretty crazy.  But perhaps not so shocking.

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

Rooting for rain tonight. Rooting for the Sox to keep losing after last night’s inexcusable loss. Make some trades for 2023 and beyond.

ALCS will be Yankees and a non-Central team anyway, so let’s not lose our shit too much here.  This just isn’t the Sox year. 

One way or the other, the Twins would have to get through the Yankees (no chance, conviction or belief with a run of 18 consecutive postseason losses) or the Astros.

The Blue Jays are almost impossible to predict right now.  

But the Twins might be able to beat Boston, Tampa, Cleveland, LAA or Seattle.