GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

49 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Just win tonight and everything will feel a bit better!!! 

A LOT better.  If they win they have a chance to take two of three and we can hold on to the slim hope that they're still in this thing.  Another loss tonight and things will look mighty bleak sending Sox Nation into an emotional tailspin and the hope for summer baseball fun will be just about over.  Just win tonight, I don't care how!

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Kopech doesn’t have his stuff in the 1st again. Only throwing the fastball right over the plate and nothing else 

He seems to be having the Rodon issue where he's having a hard time getting loose pregame. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He seems to be having the Rodon issue where he's having a hard time getting loose pregame. 

He’s hitting 95 pretty consistently so not sure loose is the problem tonight. I think it’s more that he has a high leg kick and bit of violent delivery that he needs to settle in a groove with. Find a consistent release point with his mechanics 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're just a better organization than the Sox and always have been. 

I click on the box score after reading this, expecting us to be down a run or two in the top of the first.

2 outs.  Nobody on.  No runs scored.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Kopech does not go more than 5 so it's perfect maybe win a rain shortened and pen is fresh tomorrow. 

No more rain shortened 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They continually piss down their leg against the Twins. 

They beat the piss out of the Twins last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, mmmmmbeeer said:

I click on the box score after reading this, expecting us to be down a run or two in the top of the first.

2 outs.  Nobody on.  No runs scored.

You missed that Kopech threw 30 pitches and walked the bases loaded? 

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

He’s hitting 95 pretty consistently so not sure loose is the problem tonight. I think it’s more that he has a high leg kick and bit of violent delivery that he needs to settle in a groove with. Find a consistent release point with his mechanics 

I think it's as simple as him being too amped going into these starts.

His last start against LAA was shaky, to say the least.  He had to cover the bag (which he messed up) and, all of a sudden, sailed until his final batter.  I think that run to cover first settled him down, got the blood flowing and caused him to breathe.  Kind of like how some QBs need to get hit before they settle into a game.