GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm surprised no one here has tried to organize a game  where Soxtalk members show up and chant all game "Fire Tony" and boo the Sox all game long. Heck you can make it a thing on twitter  and call it Boo the Sox Day.

Fire Tony chants not catching on more amongst the fanbase has been very disappointing. If the toxicity around him got cranked up to Nagy/GarPax levels, I do think an in-season change would actually be possible.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Lopez lights out again but I'm sure Kelly will continue getting high leverage opportunities over him

Where was ReyLo last night in the 10th?  Kelly has been terrible and has a very high ERA. ReyLo has been hot and has not allowed a homer to over 150. Batters in a row.  TLR apparently being guided by reputation with Kelly and not by recent performance by Lopez.

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

2022? 

There have only been 13 complete games all season in MLB this year 

I'm not even talking a CG I'm talking 7 innings. 

I can't even remember the last time Cease pitched 7 innings. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm surprised no one here has tried to organize a game  where Soxtalk members show up and chant all game "Fire Tony" and boo the Sox all game long. Heck you can make it a thing on twitter  and call it Boo the Sox Day.

Maybe add in some planes with “Fire Tony” banners flying around the stadium during the game.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Cease is 8th amongst pitchers in fWAR over the last 2 seasons. This year he has a 2.51 ERA and clearly has a chance to win the AL CY. That isn't good enough for you?

Nope. He doesn't go long enough into starts. Walks too many batters. He's a strong #2. 

Remember when Rich Harden was really good? Kinda reminds me of his peak. 

Edited by Jack Parkman