GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

Now we are in the danger zone.  Smart teams would evaluate our chances and base their moves on that analysis.  We are not run like that.  Jerry sees well how can we keep people coming to the park this year and this year only.  We could flip Colson for a rental 2B/OF/Reliever lightning in a bottle.  Just because if we get closer to 2nd it might stir ticket sales for this year.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Our young hitters lose their power and young pitchers lose their velocity.  Either we’re the only clean team in baseball or something is very wrong.

I could track every home run ball off Twins bats from section 104 this evening and knew it was gone.  Every Sox fly ball was an obvious warning track shot at best.  I have no idea where the power went, but opponents have no trouble launching balls out of Sox Park that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

12 out of 19 is the bare minimum I will tolerate. 

We're 2 in and still sitting at 0 wins. 

Clock's ticking Tony. You now have 17 games to get 12 wins or you're fired. 

Tony is not getting fired.  And he won't retire after this year.  He is not going to go out on a sour note.  He and the rest of the sox will chalk this season up to a weird situation with the lockout.  Next year they will get a full spring training with a healthy team.  The Twins did it, they can do it.  All they need to do is to get some more gritty players and it's to be won.  That of course is not reality.  But remember they looked at the offseason as just needing a little tweak.  They are delusional. 

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Whoever the next GM is, I hope they have no connections to the Sox, and preferably a connection to Tampa or Oakland. 

LOL! You spelled Los Angeles wrong. Or did you mean to write St. Louis, Houston?

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

LOL! You spelled Los Angeles wrong. Or did you mean to write St. Louis, Houston?

I want someone from an organization that is used to contending on a strict budget. 

Oakland does a decent job of building up, tearing down, and rebuilding in cycles. They're in a rebuild right now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

21 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Now we are in the danger zone.  Smart teams would evaluate our chances and base their moves on that analysis.  We are not run like that.  Jerry sees well how can we keep people coming to the park this year and this year only.  We could flip Colson for a rental 2B/OF/Reliever lightning in a bottle.  Just because if we get closer to 2nd it might stir ticket sales for this year.  

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wait I thought there was a mercy rule on position players pitching?

Deficit has to be 6 or greater.

Dave Roberts was busted when attempting to bring in Zach McKinstry to pitch the 9th down five.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/dodgers-blocked-from-pitching-position-player-after-unwittingly-violating-new-mlb-rule-vs-mets/

This rule was actually passed before the 2020 season, but suspended the past two seasons due to Rona.

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm 64 and have seen a LOT of bad White Sox baseball. But this season might be the most disappointing/frustrating/disgusting of them all. 

It's the most unlikeable team with the least amount of likeable players, that's for sure.  And a very unlikeable manager.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

They should trade Hahn, the front office and this coaching staff for a bucket of popcorn. Atleast that would be entertaining.

I'm not sure anyone would go for that trade, a bucket of popcorn may be a bit high an asking price.

• Love 1