7/6 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
54 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Wouldn't be upset at all if the Sox IL'd Kopech through the ASB and called Davis Martin up to fill his spot.

I'm not sure why they haven't done this yet honestly. They need to start limiting his inning soon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

And yet we have Matt Foster and a bunch of other guys getting a ton of run (for what reason I don't know).  

If the Sox think Davis Martin is going to be a starter at the major league level, having him in the Sox bullpen instead of starting at AAA isn't going to help that cause.

At some point, the starting pitchers have to go 6 innings consistently and the offense has to score enough runs that we don't go to extra innings so often and have to use the bullpen so many innings.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, oldsox said:

How good is Tommy Sommer?  Stats look promising, better than other pitchers on Top 30.  Too old for Low A?

I saw him pitch in Kanny against a pretty good Cubs lo-A team.  He's a college lefty who can really change speeds at that level. I don't think you're going to be able to say much about him until he does it in AA.  Young hitters expanded the zone against his change in the game I saw.  That said, I saw a good arm action and excellent fade, so there's a chance.