7/6 Twins @ Sox, 1:10 PM

SoxBlanco

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Righty or lefty pitching, I don’t care. Play Burger and sit Moncada’s ass down. I’ve said it here over and over: Moncada doesn’t care. There is no more clear evidence it this than Monacada running the Sox into that killer triple play. He had NO idea of the situation at all, not mentally into the game at all.

Don’t come on here and complain about Burger’s defense. Like Vaughn’s D in the outfield, detractors greatly exaggerate Burger’s bad D. I can think of three games this year Burger has directly won with his bat. I can’t think of a game that Moncada won with his glove. If you talk about Burger losing games with his glove, we’ll compare that to the game Moncada lost two nights ago with his clueless (I don’t give a shit) base running. Plus Sox need home runs, that’s Burger light years over Moncada. Play Burger, and equally important, sit Moncada.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am inc

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Righty or lefty pitching, I don’t care. Play Burger and sit Moncada’s ass down. I’ve said it here over and over: Moncada doesn’t care. There is no more clear evidence it this than Monacada running the Sox into that killer triple play. He had NO idea of the situation at all, not mentally into the game at all.

Don’t come on here and complain about Burger’s defense. Like Vaughn’s D in the outfield, detractors greatly exaggerate Burger’s bad D. I can think of three games this year Burger has directly won with his bat. I can’t think of a game that Moncada won with his glove. If you talk about Burger losing games with his glove, we’ll compare that to the game Moncada lost two nights ago with his clueless (I don’t give a shit) base running. Plus Sox need home runs, that’s Burger light years over Moncada. Play Burger, and equally important, sit Moncada.

Burger will be optioned this morning.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Inching closer to apathy.  A loss today probably gets me there.  This team BADLY need an 8-2 or 9-1 week run.  May as well start it today.  

I'd love it but we haven't been that team. We've been underperforming since July of last year. We are at the point of needing to remove Hahn as GM and firing TLR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I'd love it but we haven't been that team. We've been underperforming since July of last year. We are at the point of needing to remove Hahn as GM and firing TLR. 

We've been at that point since May.  But yes, I see nothing from this team atm that shows they would be able string something like that together.  They haven't hit all year and a couple weeks back when the bats came alive, the pitching sucked.  Its been brutal.  But 83 games left.  Not dead yet, but they're getting the life support machine ready. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Technically we were at one of those points in 2013.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Inching closer to apathy.  A loss today probably gets me there.  This team BADLY need an 8-2 or 9-1 week run.  May as well start it today.  

This year the Sox have had one long losing streak, and one long winning streak. Other than that, it has been a losing struggle to get over .500.  I don't think this club is now capable of an 8-2 or 9-1 run. Even if they win today, they let the Twins come into their ballpark and take the series. At this point, I don't know how the Sox are going to turn things around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

It's pretty funny that the triple play was the hardest Moncada ran all season

• Haha 2

You can't get swept until you lose the first two. 

Tony saw his shadow and we have six more weeks of losing until a meaningless run that leaves us just out of a playoff spot. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You can't get swept until you lose the first two. 

Tony saw his shadow and we have six more weeks of losing until a meaningless run that leaves us just out of a playoff spot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, flavum said:

The major league schedule is half over. The average MLB team has 88 homers. The average AL playoff team right now has 102. The Sox have 62 approaching game 81.

Welcome back, Eloy.

The more glaring issue may be that they are dead last in walks. They are 5th in average and 25th in strikeouts.

It appears part of their philosophy this year has been to strikeouts less which they have done. However it has come with a dramatic decrease in power and walks.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The more glaring issue may be that they are dead last in walks. They are 5th in average and 25th in strikeouts.

It appears part of their philosophy this year has been to strikeouts less which they have done. However it has come with a dramatic decrease in power and walks.

Shouldn't striking out less increase walks?

Just now, KipWellsFan said:

Why wouldn't he play today? Sorry if I missed something in yesterday's game.

He’s been DHing some, and they pretty much announced he was going to sit a lot the rest of the season. Kind of like baseball’s version of load management.

• Thanks 1

Just now, T R U said:

Shouldn't striking out less increase walks?

You would think so. That is why the offense sucks. One is happening without the other. 

They are 27th in pitches per plate appearance. it looks like they are putting the ball in earlier so not striking out but not walking either.

Just now, ptatc said:

You would think so. That is why the offense sucks. One is happening without the other. 

They are 27th in pitches per plate appearance. it looks like they are putting the ball in earlier so not striking out but not walking either.

Yeah that makes sense