7/7 Tigers @ Sox, 7:10 PM

SoxBlanco

• bmags pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

Looking at these matchups, this might be the best opportunity of the season to get a 4-game sweep and a legit winning streak going... so here comes a 2-2 split!

Yeah, there’s really no making sense of this team. The on-paper advantages went out the window a looong time ago.

Right now, I don't have the high expectations of a sweep. I'd like to see some good defense, no running gaffes, and getting runners in from third with less than two outs. Then we can go from there. Sweeping any major league team in four games is hard, even when that team is bad. And it is hard for a team under .500 to do that.

The Tigers come in hot winning 8 of their last 12 and just sweeping the Guardians 4 straight. They recently called up their top prospect CF Riley Greene and put him in the lead off spot where he has given their offense a big boost. After being just awful at the plate so far this season the team has really started to hit in the last week.

The Sox really need to win 3 of the 4 but as well as the Tigers are playing right now I expect a split of the series.

These next 11 games before the break are really big. They are all against Division foes with 7 of them against the two teams ahead of them. They can not go worse than 6-5 and need to be no worse than 4 or 5 GB heading in to the second half. 

I still have very little faith in this team turning things around. I hope they prove me wrong. These next 11 games will tell us a lot.

40 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

The Tigers come in hot winning 8 of their last 12 and just sweeping the Guardians 4 straight. They recently called up their top prospect CF Riley Greene and put him in the lead off spot where he has given their offense a big boost. After being just awful at the plate so far this season the team has really started to hit in the last week.

The Sox really need to win 3 of the 4 but as well as the Tigers are playing right now I expect a split of the series.

These next 11 games before the break are really big. They are all against Division foes with 7 of them against the two teams ahead of them. They can not go worse than 6-5 and need to be no worse than 4 or 5 GB heading in to the second half. 

I still have very little faith in this team turning things around. I hope they prove me wrong. These next 11 games will tell us a lot.

I'd say if we can get to that 4 game series @ Minnesota a week from today 4 GB or less, we gotta feel pretty decent about things.  Certainly continue to control your own destiny at that point.  Twins have 3 @TEX and 2 vs. Milwaukee in that time while we have 4 vs. DET and 4 @ Cle.  Twins go 3-2 in those 5, we need to go 6-2 to pickup that game and a half.  Tall task, but it certainly starts with continuing to beat the shit out of the Tigers, including picking up that half game tonight.   

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

Its 12 games, 4 against Detroit, Minny, and Cleveland each.

Need these guys to show up for once this stretch

Didn't expect to see Moncada in tonight's line up. I think someone had a talk with him. 

Both he and AJ Pollock need to get going.  

Moncada is a career .256 hitter and Pollock a career .279. They have to be at least playing to their average. 

This team has to start mashing the ball like yesterday to have a chance. That was what we all expected to see this year. 

TLR isn't going anywhere. Nobody is getting fired. The players are going to have to make this happen.