7/7 Tigers @ Sox, 7:10 PM

SoxBlanco

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

When the team struggles to score runs, sometimes Pito tries to do too much but damn he rarely chases one eye level.  Very disappointing.

Pressing way too hard - on the bases, at-bat. Never gonna work.

• Like 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

At what point do we all start to root for this team to crash and burn in the most horrendous of fashions so there will be no choice but to fire TLR, every coach, every support staff person, every front office person, and every grounds person. 

Now

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

At what point do we all start to root for this team to crash and burn in the most horrendous of fashions so there will be no choice but to fire TLR, every coach, every support staff person, every front office person, and every grounds person. 

Next ten days

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

39-42 through the first 81 games….it’s still early though 

The truth, with how this offense has performed so far,  shocked the record is that good. 

I think this is where many fans like myself still hold a little bit of hope.   If all of a sudden the switch goes on and these guys perform like we had expected them to perform,  they can easily go on a .620 - .650 run.   Even with the shortfalls coming from the manager and coaches on the bench. 

The question is, will that switch ever go on?  

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

If we’ve gained no ground in the Central between now and a week from Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

A couple of things:

- I wish A.J. Hinch was the White Sox manager. 

- I wish this team would stop looking brutal on offense and come through with hits and hits with runners on like in 2020 and 2021.

- They should be winning against teams line the Tigers and taking the series from them.

- I can’t find a good reason to go to another game this year, with my all time low of one game possibly being this year. It’s sad.

If Hinch, Bochy, Tito, or another solid manager led the Sox, they would guessing 45-36 at this the official half way point.

The problem is the Sox spot their opponents 1-2 runs a game before the first pitch is even thrown:

• Poor lineup construction, platoon obsession over playing your best players (offense and defense)
  • Hitters and pitchers unprepared against opponents.
  • League worst defensive alignments.
  • Not recognizing when a pitcher is gassed.
  • Prioritizing Unwritten Rules and bullshit such as getting Tony's guys a personal "Win" or "Save".
  • No sense of urgency at the end of games in terms of strategic decisions.
  • Dog ass, uninspired effort by most players night in and night out.

This is a complete and utter shitshow. The roster construction is a debacle, but Tony makes it worse, far worse, than it should be,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Leury Garcia:  Pinch Hitter!

The situation calls for pinch hitting for your LH Catcher.  You have two choices:  A) Seby Zavala .345 .373 .882 who is also a Catcher; B) Leury Garcia .203 .230 .497 who plays almost every other position except Catcher.  Which one do you choose?  Tony chose B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The truth, with how this offense has performed so far,  shocked the record is that good. 

I think this is where many fans like myself still hold a little bit of hope.   If all of a sudden the switch goes on and these guys perform like we had expected them to perform,  they can easily go on a .620 - .650 run.   Even with the shortfalls coming from the manager and coaches on the bench. 

The question is, will that switch ever go on?  

Not with this coaching staff. It has been a year since they started this mediocre play. Took a half a season when he first started last year for  TLR to get his grimy fingers around these players and ruin everything they had moving forward 

7 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Past month+

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The situation calls for pinch hitting for your LH Catcher.  You have two choices:  A) Seby Zavala .345 .373 .882 who is also a Catcher; B) Leury Garcia .203 .230 .497 who plays almost every other position except Catcher.  Which one do you choose?  Tony chose B.

hitting garcia there was comedy... but leury swinging 2-0 was also  comedy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

You must be thinking of a different organization. 

• Hawk 1

12 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Leave the Sodfather out of this, you sick bastard!

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I forgot Vaughan was available as well....unless the illness is COVID

Of the three he went with the worst choice. Seby has been hot.

The guy really is a drunken asshole. 

Vaughn is still in bubble wrap.

19 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

They won’t even give us that consolation. 89 wins at curtain close. Total meh as they dink around all summer.

Four hits is one big LOL. The Sox performance against the Central is one big LOL. Fans have had to suffer. Give us one joy by firing EVERYBODY please. Just let the Triple A staff come up and run the team the rest of the season or just let Abreu be player/manager and AJP be interim GM with Stone as consultant.

We fans deserve something. Four hits??? During summer game at home against a lousy team? My gawd. And poor Stoney predicted early the Sox would hit tonight. Not mad at him. I feel for him being so dumb to say that. Not Stoney's finest hour.

Gosh the Sox stink this year.

and by the way, this game took 3 hours to play?? With so few runs and hits? I'd rather spend three hours in the library than watch that in person. Ugh ball.

Edited by greg775