7/7 Tigers @ Sox, 7:10 PM

SoxBlanco

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Four hits is one big LOL. The Sox performance against the Central is one big LOL. Fans have had to suffer. Give us one joy by firing EVERYBODY please. Just let the Triple A staff come up and run the team the rest of the season or just let Abreu be player/manager and AJP be interim GM with Stone as consultant.

We fans deserve something. Four hits??? During summer game at home against a lousy team? My gawd. And poor Stoney predicted early the Sox would hit tonight. Not mad at him. I feel for him being so dumb to say that. Not Stoney's finest hour.

Gosh the Sox stink this year.

and by the way, this game took 3 hours to play?? With so few runs and hits? I'd rather spend three hours in the library than watch that in person. Ugh ball.

Abreu choked big time under pressure in the 9th. His AB was a JOKE. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Abreu choked big time under pressure in the 9th. His AB was a JOKE. 

I believe you in that it was bad. Didn't watch it.

I wouldn't say he choked though. To choke would imply he was all scared and/or inable to get up for the moment cause of jitters. He's been through it before. He didn't choke. Now maybe he stunk or failed miserably but he did not choke there. That's the wrong word IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

Dear god, the smell of the game. That is some advanced observational analytics.

He forgets that the smell of the game (as he perceives it) has to overpower the smell of him shitting the bed.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I believe you in that it was bad. Didn't watch it.

I wouldn't say he choked though. To choke would imply he was all scared and/or inable to get up for the moment cause of jitters. He's been through it before. He didn't choke. Now maybe he stunk or failed miserably but he did not choke there. That's the wrong word IMO.

Frank thought on the Post Game that he is hurt/hurting. Said he doesn't seem right between body language, his swings, and facial expressions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Abreu at bat reminded me of the Sox at bats with bases loaded.  Instead of acting like the pitcher is in trouble, Abreu was down in the count 0-2 after about 30 seconds and seemed way too anxious 

For the record the pitcher painted the first pitch for a strike and than threw another ball in the zone in a good location on him. He was 0-2 cause pitcher made two good pitches. He swung at crap with 2 strikes but it wasn’t like he created that hole. It’s baseball and I give credit to Tigers pitcher for making good pitch es to Abreu there. 

That at bat wasn’t why Sox lost but they did leave way too much out there - like always. I also will say the Tiger starter pitches well - but enough is enough - this team has to ducking hit. 

• Like 1

The Sox have been more unlucky this season than any I can remember. Every damn thing seems to go against us.

In this game there were too many bad strike calls against our hitters that changed at-bats around.

Another heart wrenching loss.

• Hawk 2

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why Garcia over Seby? You not only put in the worst hitter but also waste another bench guy

That was a mistake. Seby  has been hitting the ball. Another mistake was not putting the guy on with an open base in the 9th.

• Like 1

The killer for me is it makes no difference what the results are this year. Jerry is bringing this stiff and his cronies back next season. The thud you're hearing is our championship window slamming shut. You don't leave a failed GM in place to guide your rebuild. You don't hire a dinosaur that is completely out of touch with 21st century baseball to run your team.  And you sure as hell don't double down on all of it by being an absentee owner who's actions (or inactions) tell his customers he cares more about $12 beers than winning for this city. Two years ago we could have hired any manager or Executive we wanted. EVERYONE wanted to jump on the bandwagon. In two years you won't be able to get the Skipper of the SS Minnow to run this farce. I'm out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The truth, with how this offense has performed so far,  shocked the record is that good. 

I think this is where many fans like myself still hold a little bit of hope.   If all of a sudden the switch goes on and these guys perform like we had expected them to perform,  they can easily go on a .620 - .650 run.   Even with the shortfalls coming from the manager and coaches on the bench. 

The question is, will that switch ever go on?  

It hasn't yet, I think the switch is broke.

6 hours ago, wegner said:

"They come out with no fire today.  I just don't understand it"  

Amen Scotty Pods, Amen.

Big Frank doesn't understand how they come out flat after yesterday too.

They were tired from scoring 9 runs and hitting 3 homer's on Wednesday, they should be OK by Sunday and salvage a win in the series.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Frank thought on the Post Game that he is hurt/hurting. Said he doesn't seem right between body language, his swings, and facial expressions.

I think Frank is right. I've noticed Abreu winching when in his position at first. Yet, he leads the Sox in homers. What does that say?