Sooooo.....who are you selling?

Heads22

I would trade Abreu but of course we know that's not gonna happen.

Would trade Cueto.

Would trade Ruiz, Foster, Velasquez, Harrison and Pollock though I don't know what you can get for them.

Would trade Eloy for the right offer but wouldn't give him away.

Have to bank on Moncada and Grandal rebounding. Can't get any value for them.

Definitely would trade Kelly but again don't know that you can get much.

Would do backflips if anybody would take Leury.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

So who do you sell?

Lynn? Hendriks? Abreu? Giolito? Graveman? Section 108?

Lynn/Giolito? Having a bad season. Would be selling low. I'd hold and hope that they're pitching well next year. 

Hendriks/Graveman/Abreu? Yes. 

Also Cueto. 

This rebuild has failed. 

I'd shop Cease and Anderson this winter. 

Hold on Vaughn/Robert/Eloy to see if they get better. 

It's back to square one though. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not about the selling, it's about the player evaluation for the return. 

He traded Sale, Quintana and Eaton for Kopech, Cease, Giolito, Lopez, Dunning, Moncada and Eloy. That's three current starters, a good reliever, and another guy who got traded for one of our starters. It's not Hahn's fault that the coaching staff totally fucked up Moncada and Eloy. Those were fantastic trades.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Probably shouldn't sell, because there is slim chance that Hahn will get Hostetler to dispatch his scouts to adequately evaluate the minor league systems of teams that would be interested in Sox players.  He'd be trading off of prospect ranking lists.

I think teams are smart enough to look past ugly ERA's for Lucas & Lynn. The Sox will be able to still get good value for those 2 if they're made available, but my preference with Lucas is still very much to extend him.

Lynn, Hendriks, Graveman, & Jose (depending on if he wants to go or not) are the most obvious trade candidates. Maybe they'd be able to get a Pilkington equivalent prospect back for Harrison. A contender might want Cueto for the backend of their rotation, etc.

• Like 1

If you're gonna sell you need to get mlb ready talent in return. A retool for next year as opposed to a rebuild. Trade off one of Lynn or Giolito with Hendriks and maybe Pollock and/or Burger. Of course this is all a moot point because I knew this rebuild would lead here and I know they'll fail at this too. I just don't know where else to go with my Fandom. Milwaukee? 

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think teams are smart enough to look past ugly ERA's for Lucas & Lynn. The Sox will be able to still get good value for those 2 if they're made available, but my preference with Lucas is still very much to extend him.

Lynn, Hendriks, Graveman, & Jose (depending on if he wants to go or not) are the most obvious trade candidates. Maybe they'd be able to get a Pilkington equivalent prospect back for Harrison. A contender might want Cueto for the backend of their rotation, etc.

Lynn average fastball velo: 2022: 92.7 2021: 94.0

Giolito average fastball velo: 2022: 93.1 2021: 93.8

Teams aren't willing to overlook this, as it's the main culprit behind their woes. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Probably shouldn't sell, because there is slim chance that Hahn will get Hostetler to dispatch his scouts to adequately evaluate the minor league systems of teams that would be interested in Sox players.  He'd be trading off of prospect ranking lists.

You know for a post like this, you should probably know who is doing what in this organization now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

So we're basically punting on next season?

Hahn can competently fill three gaping rotation holes?

Lambert & Martin? 

Sounds like where the Cubs are this season in their teardown.