7/9- Tigers at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

Things look bleak for the White Sox at the moment but just when it seems like they are down for the count, they get back up and land a big blow. Will that be today, maybe, maybe not. Most of us here will still be cheering for a win. It's going to take a lot of wins to get back in the race but stranger things have happened so I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Come on Chicago, climb out of this quicksand pit and get things rolling in the right direction.

Edited by whitesoxwin
  • Like 3
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, staxxington said:

Glad they brought out the trash lineup for my first game of the year... 🤦‍♂

welp time to drink more

Is sitting Pollock really make this a trash lineup? It’s basically what we’ve seen all season. Giving Eloy a day is fine. 
I don’t want to see Leury any more than anyone else, but this isn’t an egregious lineup. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

33 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Things look bleak for the White Sox at the moment but just when it seems like they are down for the count, they get back up and land a big blow. Will that be today, maybe, maybe not. Most of us here will still be cheering for a win. It's going to take a lot of wins to get back in the race but stranger things have happened so I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Come on Chicago, climb out of this quicksand pit and get things rolling in the right direction.

“…just when it seems like they are down for the count, they get back up and land a big blow.“

This is why it will be a 78 win “ho hum” year and not a 65 win “heads will roll” year.

Edited by SpringfieldFan
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

How do you sit a healthy Pollock and Eloy?

Tony is so friggin desperate to get Leury “Everyday” Garcia into the lineup.

I am assuming he will be the 2023 regular second baseman. At least there won’t be the angst of “why did TLR put him in so-and-so’s spot today “. 2B will BE his spot.

• TLR 1

14 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

“…just when it seems like they are down for the count, they get back up and land a big blow.“

This is why it will be a 78 win “ho hum” year and not a 65 win “heads will roll” year.

Hard to argue against that, lol.

14 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Heads should definitely roll if this team - with a franchise record payroll and one the FO and org without a doubt thought would win the division going away - goes under .500. 

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

Pollock is a better player than Garcia.  Its not a debate.  Pollock is playing like crap but he can get back to his norm and is still better than Garcia at this point. 

Garcia has NEVER been good.....EVER.  Pure insanity how he is handled compared to rest of the roster.

The stupidity of this organization is surreal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think I’m gonna watch this one. And I don’t know that I can say I’ve missed an entire Sox game when it was accessible (not a plane; or without service) in several years. 

I have the afternoon free and my better half is out of town...and I am thinking the same thing as you.  They may still suck me in, we will see.