If the Sox trade for Juan Soto we have a chance.

Jerksticks

Nothing else puts this team back on course for the next few years IMO.   Gotta play big ball in the FO.  Get the best LH bat in the game, then extend him for $400M when the time comes.  He might be a little discounted right now too.  

Rick, Kenny, Jerry…I’m with you but you gotta go big.   Cmon dudes.  We have the pitching.  

• Haha 4

I agree with this, and for Soto I would trade anyone on the farm. For years we have passed up on opportunities for great players - Machado, Harper, Betts etc. 

It's time to stop fucking around and go and get one of the best LH hitters in the game. If we need to deal with TLR and all this other bullshit, at least go get us Soto.

What would it take to get the deal done? 

• Hawk 1

16 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I agree with this, and for Soto I would trade anyone on the farm. For years we have passed up on opportunities for great players - Machado, Harper, Betts etc. 

It's time to stop fucking around and go and get one of the best LH hitters in the game. If we need to deal with TLR and all this other bullshit, at least go get us Soto.

What would it take to get the deal done? 

Probably Montgomery, Vera, Martin and Burger. It would be putting all your eggs in one basket.

12 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Probably Montgomery, Vera, Martin and Burger. It would be putting all your eggs in one basket.

There is no way that's what it would take

It would be more like Montgomery, Colas, Sosa, Kopech and Vaughn 

It would also take an owner who would give out a deal like that which the Sox *checks notes* do not have

Edited by soxfan49
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 4
  • TLR 1

Leave out the factor he plays in the NL and somehow is just going to put up those same numbers for the Sox. Maybe just maybe it will finally work.

I know the arguments already the Sox never sign the good free agents.  Long forgotten is the giddyness of signing Grandal.  I guess they can keep trying someday to make it work. History hasn't worked in the Sox favor.  He still a young player and would adjust after next season.

It's a pipe dream. I doubt they would trade him.

He also has leg soreness.  He'd fit in with this team with Vaughn and Bubble wrap Tony.

This team seems to have a curse or two.

I'd like a Ted Williams, or a Mantle, along with a Palmer, and Maddox.

Who knows maybe he is on Kenny's always wanted list and he will be on the team 15 years from now.

I'm sure they'd take TA, Robert, Eloy and Leury (just to be nice) for him. 

Sox best offer could be beaten by numerous other teams, that would still have a deeper roster post trade than the Sox would

just saw a top 100 prospect list a few days ago and it had the Sox with 1 guy (C.M.) and he was in the mid 90s 

Edited by joesaiditstrue

27 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Leave out the factor he plays in the NL and somehow is just going to put up those same numbers for the Sox. Maybe just maybe it will finally work.

I know the arguments already the Sox never sign the good free agents.  Long forgotten is the giddyness of signing Grandal.  I guess they can keep trying someday to make it work. History hasn't worked in the Sox favor.  He still a young player and would adjust after next season.

It's a pipe dream. I doubt they would trade him.

He also has leg soreness.  He'd fit in with this team with Vaughn and Bubble wrap Tony.

This team seems to have a curse or two.

I'd like a Ted Williams, or a Mantle, along with a Palmer, and Maddox.

Who knows maybe he is on Kenny's always wanted list and he will be on the team 15 years from now.

I'm sure they'd take TA, Robert, Eloy and Leury (just to be nice) for him. 

Lolol you still think NL hitters can't hit in the AL?

12 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Would they consider dealing Eloy and Kopech for him? It will likely take 3 other farm pieces as well… but if you want to keep Cease and Vaughn, the convo starts with Eloy/Kopech.. 

Eloy has extremely low value in a trade, practically none. He's due $26 million over the next 2 seasons, and if he hits better he does have option years - but they're $16.5 and $18.5 million option years so the upside is limited. Youv'e got a guy with 2.5 years of guaranteed money, who is due a guaranteed $30 million minimum, who has two major injuries the last 2 seasons, and a total of 0.5 rWAR over that time. There's just not trade value here, especially not to a rebuilding team.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It’s gonna cost more than that. I’d do that deal in a fucking millisecond. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Yes, Sox would add 6 or 7 wins per season.  And to get him, Sox would  give up probably 10-12 wins per season, dispersed over 3-4  players.  That could work if they had talent who they could replace those players with; but the #30 farm system does not have that talent.   So, in all, trading for Soto would probably make the Sox worse.

• Like 1

Even Kopech and Cease are far from ideal considering they're realistically looking at a 3-5 year rebuild.

That only leaves Robert and Vaughn, plus minor league pieces like Vera, Montgomery or Colas (one or two).

Then you have that appreciable risk that Robert and Vera could out produce Soto alone.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, GreatScott82 said:

Would they consider dealing Eloy and Kopech for him? It will likely take 3 other farm pieces as well… but if you want to keep Cease and Vaughn, the convo starts with Eloy/Kopech.. 

But we could be like the pre Ohtani Angels and have just one superstar.

I never understand why people make these threads.  Save it for fantasy baseball.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Yes, Sox would add 6 or 7 wins per season.  And to get him, Sox would  give up probably 10-12 wins per season, dispersed over 3-4  players.  That could work if they had talent who they could replace those players with; but the #30 farm system does not have that talent.   So, in all, trading for Soto would probably make the Sox worse.

Tony would rather do this on his own.

The big market teams wouldn't trade for him when they could eventually buy him.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/juan-soto-is-untradeable/

Despite his struggles, Soto’s median trade value stands at a whopping $190.9M. That might seem like a great sign, a number to salivate at while dreaming of the size of a potential return. But it’s actually the number that makes Juan Soto untradeable.

No team can reasonably afford that price tag. In fact, that number outpaces 14 entire farm system totals. Nearly half of the teams in Major League Baseball could send their entire farm system to Washington and still not be able to meet that price.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

But we could be like the pre Ohtani Angels and have just one superstar.

I never understand why people make these threads.  Save it for fantasy baseball.

It’s definitely fun to think about. But you are right. It’s fantasy baseball land for sure. Besides, this is too out of the box thinking for the White Sox management anyway. 

7 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

If Soto were on the block… nah, don’t torture yourself, they just don’t have the expendable assets.  There wouldn’t be enough left to put a legit team around him. 

This is how I feel as well. See: Angels squandering Mike Trout for so many years. 

• Like 1