7/10- Tigers at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Why not call up Martin and move Kopech to the pen. 

With guys being unavailable daily and lot of bad pitchers in the pen makes most sense to me.

They're in a rock and a hard place. If Kopech doesn't pitch starter's innings this year, he like Crochet, is stuck in the bullpen. 

If Kopech is a reliever the rebuild is fuckt. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They do need to get Kopech innings no doubt, but he’s also going to hit a limit at some point.  If his knee is hurting him, then shut him down for a few weeks.  I don’t see a bullpen move solving either problem.

I agree he needs to go on the IL till after the break to give his arm some rest before this knee issue leads to something else. Then sometime after the break throw him back in the rotation for some more innings

• Like 2

I hurt my knee in college slipping on a wet field in southern Illinois on a weekend game.  I still pitched after this because I wanted to be a warrior.  I was super tough and did it because I didn't want to let my team down.  I took shots and it seems slightly altered my mechanics to compensate for the pain of landing on my plant leg.  I didn't do this on purpose I just didn't realize it.  I wound up tearing my labrum a month later.  The problem with compensating for an injury is that if it can mess with your mechanics other bad things can happen.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

I wish Harrison could hit because he is above average in the field. That was a very athletic tag. 

He's not suppossed to be needed to hit.

He should play 2B and bat 9th every game.

Mcguire and Moncada suck.  Both should have hammered those pitches. 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I hurt my knee in college slipping on a wet field in southern Illinois on a weekend game.  I still pitched after this because I wanted to be a warrior.  I was super tough and did it because I didn't want to let my team down.  I took shots and it seems slightly altered my mechanics to compensate for the pain of landing on my plant leg.  I didn't do this on purpose I just didn't realize it.  I wound up tearing my labrum a month later.  The problem with compensating for an injury is that if it can mess with your mechanics other bad things can happen.  

I think that is exactly what is going on with Kopech. He generates his power from his legs. He doesn't trust the knee so his velocity is way down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

I think that is exactly what is going on with Kopech. He generates his power from his legs. He doesn't trust the knee so his velocity is way down. 

Most pitchers generate their power from their legs.  The plant leg is what takes the brunt of the force as you use it to stop forward momentum and then the rest of the arm almost acts like a slingshot.   In some cases the front plant leg will brace and will almost lock out.  That will sap velo if he cant do that.  

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They do need to get Kopech innings no doubt, but he’s also going to hit a limit at some point.  If his knee is hurting him, then shut him down for a few weeks.  I don’t see a bullpen move solving either problem.

Yeah just IL him after this game with the plan of bringing him back in Colorado following ASG. Get a fresh arm up for next 2 days and keep Martin after the DH Tue. Gives his arm and knee 16 days of rest. 

• Like 2

I’m going to throw out a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I think we could see a change or two during the All Star break.  Tony isn’t going anywhere, but I could see Menechino get the boot then.  There is no doubt in my mind that a shakeup is needed on the offensive side of things and I could see them giving Frank until the break to right the ship.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m going to throw out a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I think we could see a change or two during the All Star break.  Tony isn’t going anywhere, but I could see Menechino get the boot then.  There is no doubt in my mind that a shakeup is needed on the offensive side of things and I could see them giving Frank until the break to right the ship.

no i think the offense is just fine, no one hits drew hutchison

• Haha 3