7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sox don’t get a mega haul, but Gio still has trade value despite some struggles in a weird year.  A good team not afraid of a long term commitment to pitchers would happily take him and lock him up for 5+ years at a market rate.  The idea that he’s magically a non-tender candidate is so laughably bad that it doesn’t deserve any of the attention given in this thread. 

I’d be more willing to listen to a flat earth argument than non-tender Giolito argument 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't have anything against him. 

I just struggle to see how they're going to cut payroll other than salary dumping guys or non-tendering them. 

You can couple a Lynn, Grandal, Pollock or Kelly with Lucas and there would be 4-6 teams interested in taking on one or two of those four bad contracts. Do the same with Eloy, and you can get total payroll down the low $100Ms, even after bringing Abreu back for old times sake.

Hahn will get another extension from Jerry for a job well done after pulling off those two deals. The bonus for fans will be it will piss Tony off to the point he may quit on his own accord, which would increase 2023 ticket sales despite lowered win loss expectations.

Jerry loves Tony, but loves $100M more. Hell, LaRoche is and will always be Jerry's all time favorite White Sox or Bull for handing him $13M.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He was dominating before covid. I think that clearly affected him. Lucas is the least of my concerns with this team going forward.

Yep. Short ST, abnormal injury to start the season, Covid, and he oddly bulked up way too much coming out of the offseason. To say he’s magically washed is laughable. He’s had a really odd year. You wanna say someone is washed, look at Lynn and that knee of his. That at least could be an argument.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I’d be more willing to listen to a flat earth argument than non-tender Giolito argument 

Like I said, I don't think it's a good idea, or even a smart move.....I just fail to see how else they're going to cut payroll. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Like I said, I don't think it's a good idea, or even a smart move.....I just fail to see how else they're going to cut payroll. 

Not worried about payroll yet.  So much is going to happen in next few months.  Team either goes on a run or massive, crazy changes take place once season ends.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Doesn’t that type of stance also create way too much head movement 

It could if you're pulling off the ball.  He has to drive that outside pitch to the opposite field but he's trying to pull everything so he either hits a pull side groundball or shanks one the other way. He's not at a stage in his career where he can hit like this.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have his spin rates plummeted since the ban?

They dropped off immediately right after the ban but recovered towards the end of last year and aren’t anomalously low in his previous starts this year. His velocity is down by 1.2 mph coming into today.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

But being a disaster with RISP has been a trend his whole career 

With men in RISP Tim is invariably pulling the ball, mostly ground balls to third and short.  With no one on , he goes the other way which is more effective for him. His double play ball late in this game hurt. Our hitters do not adjust.

Edited by hankchifan