Eloy is dead. Again.

southsider2k5

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

My guess is he’s fine. It didn’t look too bad. Perhaps he’ll sit out this weekend but I’m sure he’ll be fine post ASG. Not that his inclusion in the lineup has been a net positive. 

1st game back it looked like he was what the lineup was missing, then mostly nothing.

• Hawk 1

Just now, wegner said:

1st game back it looked like he was what the lineup was missing, then mostly nothing.

Yep. Mostly back to flailing at sliders out of the zone and chopping the hittable pitches into the ground. Would love to see a full season of healthy Eloy with a new hitting coach, but there just isn’t much of a chance of that happening at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

My guess is he’s fine. It didn’t look too bad. Perhaps he’ll sit out this weekend but I’m sure he’ll be fine post ASG. Not that his inclusion in the lineup has been a net positive. 

Fine for how long post ASB?

O/U is 2.5 games.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

If you put him on the IL tomorrow, he'd miss 7 games if he came back after ten days.

Is Hasely playing well in Charlotte still?  Maybe catch lightning in a bottle although he's shown very little when he's been called up.

27 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is Hasely playing well in Charlotte still?  Maybe catch lightning in a bottle although he's shown very little when he's been called up.

He wouldn’t and shouldn’t play over the options on the current roster anyway. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He wouldn’t and shouldn’t play over the options on the current roster anyway. 

Sucks to be a man short going into a crucial series....it sounds like they are giving Eloy the series off.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sucks to be a man short going into a crucial series....it sounds like they are giving Eloy the series off.

Yeah honestly another body just gives Tony more options to fuck with. Obviously playing a man short isn’t ideal, but Haseley shouldn’t be playing over Engel, Pollock, Sheets or AV anyway. Plus Tony probably gonna get Leury a start or two in LF. 

• TLR 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy is dead. Again. Wait, maybe not.