Eloy is dead. Again.

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah honestly another body just gives Tony more options to fuck with. Obviously playing a man short isn’t ideal, but Haseley shouldn’t be playing over Engel, Pollock, Sheets or AV anyway. Plus Tony probably gonna get Leury a start or two in LF. 

All good points thanks.  Can't afford to do any worse than split the series.  Hopefully our starting pitching is strong.

57 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Holy shit they’re actually going to play a man down the entire series against the Twins and then IL him for Grandal after the break and I was too cynical to believe they’d actually do it enough to come post that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 2

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Holy shit they’re actually going to play a man down the entire series against the Twins and then IL him for Grandal after the break and I was too cynical to believe they’d actually do it enough to come post that.

Even if they don't want to use Haesley, they could use Davis Martin as a long man in the event a starter doesn't have it early.

That said, Davis is likely on Tony's permanent shit list for pitching a strike to Jose Ramirez.

I'm not sure what the latest is with Eloy, but he needs to learn the difference between being hurt and being injured. Torn tendons and muscles are injuries. "Leg tightness" is hurt. I want to be careful with him, but the FO called this during the rehab. For now, it's best to shut him down until after the break. Do not IL him.  We have enough DH's and 1B's to limp through (see what I did there) the Twins series. Having him roam that left field was going to be ugly anyway. 

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just wait until he miraculously starts producing for another organization...

2022 YTD Stats

• Carlos Rodon 17 Starts, 2.70 ERA
  • Yermin Mercedes .906 OPS
  • Jake Lamb 1.004 OPS

OK, Rodon is the only starter here, but will be interesting to see how Mercedes and Lamb contribute the rest of the season, in a proper role, with solid coaching behind them.

Eloy  had fuking surgery on his leg.

Same surgery and same Dr that Grandal had...and they have both had trouble rehabbing it.

Eloy was grabbing the back of his leg the day before and trying to stretch out the hamstring. 

2 hours ago, tray said:

Same surgery and same Dr that Grandal had...and they have both had trouble rehabbing it.

Eloy was grabbing the back of his leg the day before and trying to stretch out the hamstring. 

Gross incompetence by the entire organization's medical and training staff. Fuck this org.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

Once a hamstring goes it will always be a weakness but with proper management and conditioning that risk of re-injury can be minimised.

But Eloy clearly didn't have a good rehab as he kept having to rest his leg, and looked more out of condition than usual when he came back. You get the feeling that he was brought back too soon and then played in LF rather than DH and the occasional LF to give him time to strengthen his leg back up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Once a hamstring goes it will always be a weakness but with proper management and conditioning that risk of re-injury can be minimised.

But Eloy clearly didn't have a good rehab as he kept having to rest his leg, and looked more out of condition than usual when he came back. You get the feeling that he was brought back too soon and then played in LF rather than DH and the occasional LF to give him time to strengthen his leg back up.

This isn't true for general hamstring injuries. However the surgery is an entirely different situation. 

I still have never seen one of these and don't know anyone else who has had one other than the 3 from this team. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

This isn't true for general hamstring injuries. However the surgery is an entirely different situation. 

I still have never seen one of these and don't know anyone else who has had one other than the 3 from this team

This fact alone is a huge indictment on this team. Shit is almost unheard of, and the Sox have THREE players.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

If the Sox decide to go for it and are buyers, they have to find a legitimate rightfielder who can hit, it has to be the highest priority. Forget about Eloy in leftfield, he's useless besides being stupid and lazy. Stick with Pollock in left and let the chips fall with him. Vaughn can DH with trading places with Abreu when Jose needs a rest in the field. If there's a real tough righthanded facing us, Sheets can DH and also give Jose some rest at first base but please no AV, Sheets or Eloy in the outfield.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Gross incompetence by the entire organization's medical and training staff. Fuck this org.

One of the healthiest teams in baseball under Herm Schneider and then Brian Ball.

Tony was given carte blanche over the clubhouse, and Brian Ball was forced out the week they announced Tony's hiring. It's been a shit show since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

This fact alone is a huge indictment on this team. Shit is almost unheard of, and the Sox have THREE players.

I would really like to know what the injuries were and why it was determined they needed the surgeries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

If we decide to buy for the second half, we have to find a legitimate rightfielder, it has to be the highest priority. Forget about Eloy in leftfield, he's useless besides being stupid and lazy. Stick with Pollock in left and let the chips fall with him. Vaughn can DH with trading places with Abreu when Jose needs a rest in the field. If there's a real tough righthanded facing us, Sheets can DH and also give Jose some rest at first base but please no AV, Sheets or Eloy in the outfield.

While I get the concept there’s a contract and roster spot issue here. Eloy has a roster spot and about $30 million guaranteed. How are you keeping all these guys and adding a RF? Who is getting cut if you don’t want to option Sheets or Vaughn to AAA. I guess maybe you could pull off optioning Eloy to AAA and having him be the best paid minor leaguer in the game for August?

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

While I get the concept there’s a contract and roster spot issue here. Eloy has a roster spot and about $30 million guaranteed. How are you keeping all these guys and adding a RF? Who is getting cut if you don’t want to option Sheets or Vaughn to AAA. I guess maybe you could pull off optioning Eloy to AAA and having him be the best paid minor leaguer in the game for August?

60 day IL or just shut him down and hope he comes back healthy next year but you can't fix stupid and laziness.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • TLR 2

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

60 day IL or just shut him down and hope he comes back healthy next year but you can't fix stupid and laziness.

You can’t put a guy on the 60 day IL unless they are actually seriously hurt. This hits union rules, the CBA. The white Sox would face a grievance and would lose badly, and there would probably be some pretty hefty penalties- either a big fine or a loss of a first round draft pick or something like that. 

Eloy also was the guy in ‘18 who was pleading to be called up and wrote the “I’m ready” article, so they will have no problem taking the White Sox over the coals if they break rules like that.

I continue to be just in shock that Eloy has busted like this. Had never seen a player like him in the minors (Robert happened post-) for the Sox. Just absolutely crushed each level with ease. No K rate issue. Fine BB rate. Huge power.

I still worry we’ll give up on him and he becomes Schwarber on another team. Because for whatever reason Hahn feels like we should have an offensive philosophy that plays against our hitters strengths.

What DH play even is there? He’s bad offensively. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah honestly another body just gives Tony more options to fuck with. Obviously playing a man short isn’t ideal, but Haseley shouldn’t be playing over Engel, Pollock, Sheets or AV anyway. Plus Tony probably gonna get Leury a start or two in LF. 

At this point why shouldn't Haseley be playing over Engel and Pollock ? He may be a nothing burger but so are Pollock and Engel. It's time to start trusting some younger healthier players who hit LH instead of letting them slip through the cracks because some fringe RH MLB players stand in their way. Luis Gonzales may have a fine 4th OF career now that the Sox decided he wasn't worth keeping around.

Sox could have used a 1.0 WAR OF this year considering they only have 1 of those.

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy is dead. Again. Wait, maybe not.