Eloy is dead. Again.

southsider2k5

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The funeral will be in a week.

I agree! Three times this past week TLR said Robert may play the next day and we've seen how that worked out. Seriously I wish TLR wouldn't say anything regarding medical issues. To me the information he's getting from the training staff is usually wrong as the results show.

Better to say nothing.

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Lmao this dude can’t even swing a bat without injuring himself. He’s gotta go

I was told by a long time friend who is a member of the mainstream Chicago media that Hahn is "furious" over the Cubs remarking to others and other teams about how often Eloy gets hurt. Almost like they knew something when they traded him.

Remember Hahn lost his cool earlier this year when at a press conference a writer wrote that he was "injury prone." 

To me he seems overly heavy just huge.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I was told by a long time friend who is a member of the mainstream Chicago media that Hahn is "furious" over the Cubs remarking to others and other teams about how often Eloy gets hurt. Almost like they knew something when they traded him.

Remember Hahn lost his cool earlier this year when at a press conference a writer wrote that he was "injury prone." 

To me he seems overly heavy just huge.

That is what makes Hahn angry? How about the shit product he is putting out there. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Got hurt catching a fly ball.

Got hurt running to first.

Got hurt swinging a bat. 

Got hurt celebrating a win. 

Got hurt trying to rob a spring training home run. 

Got caught up in netting trying to make a catch.

He's just not a star. 

It's weird, it's almost like he's one of the least athletic looking people you will see moving around a field.  That list doesn't help change that notion in my mind.

16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Got hurt swinging a bat. 

He's just not a star. 

However, he is still only 25. In fairness to Eloy, he took a Reggie-esque swing there and I have never really thought he had his legs under him since he came back.

sometimes I feel he just tries to do too much and that is causing problems. Does hurt to see two lost seasons but Judge is 30 and was fairly injury prone.

Just not ready to give up on him and it’s not like this team has a lot of options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Got hurt swinging a bat. 

He's just not a star. 

he's a falling star

7 hours ago, soxfaninfl said:

However, he is still only 25. In fairness to Eloy, he took a Reggie-esque swing there and I have never really thought he had his legs under him since he came back.

sometimes I feel he just tries to do too much and that is causing problems. Does hurt to see two lost seasons but Judge is 30 and was fairly injury prone.

Just not ready to give up on him and it’s not like this team has a lot of options. 

Need someone new in the FO who can start fresh and be objective and cleanup this mess. We can only hope.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Got hurt swinging a bat. 

He's just not a star. 

So sad. 😢.  It. Is hard to win without Eloy, Robert and TA, and on top of that with TLRstill in charge.

How bad does your knee have to hurt for you to come out of a game after the batter before you got hit in the face, has blood dripping from his lip, pooling in the dirt at 1B?

Eloy could stand, and walked off under his own power.  Dude is a pussy.

Hahn should be fired for guaranteeing Eloy, Robert and Moncada.  I know 2 of the 3 had banked good money already but looking back I really think the complacency has to have played a role in their demise.  Even if it just lead to them getting off the Latin Super Juice.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

11 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Got hurt swinging a bat. 

He's just not a star. 

Apparently he and other Sox players should quit hustling 

1 hour ago, GREEDY said:

How bad does your knee have to hurt for you to come out of a game after the batter before you got hit in the face, has blood dripping from his lip, pooling in the dirt at 1B?

Eloy could stand, and walked off under his own power.  Dude is a pussy.

Hahn should be fired for guaranteeing Eloy, Robert and Moncada.  I know 2 of the 3 had banked good money already but looking back I really think the complacency has to have played a role in their demise.  Even if it just lead to them getting off the Latin Super Juice.  

For what it's worth I was told by a member of the mainstream media that signing Moncada to that extension was Kenny's idea.

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Apparently he and other Sox players should quit hustling 

There have been numerous times this season by multiple players that appears to have taken place. Even Stone commented on it, "I guess hustling is now optional"