Whitesox @ Twins 6:40PM The Chase to .500 continued

Vote4Pedro

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I want the Sox to sweep, but if they do that means more Tony for sure, even if that report has any truth in it. Just win. 

• The White Sox most likely will not be swept, the most likely scenario is they remain 4-5 back heading into the break and nothing will be changed unfortunately.
  • The White Sox and Angels remain the only teams in MLB that were expected to contend for the playoffs but have negative run differential. Every other negative team in baseball was expected to be bad.
  • The White Sox are 5-6 in their current 19 game stretch against central teams. They still have 4 games remaining against the Twins and Guardians each. They lost 2/3 to the Twins and split with the Tigers and Guardians losing no ground but also gaining no ground. Back to bullet point 1, no changes will be coming.
  • Coming out of the break they host Cleveland for 4 games and then its 19 straight games against the Rockies, Athletics, Royals, Rangers, and Tigers. If this team is going to snap out of it, this is where its going to happen.
  • Hawk 1

18 minutes ago, T R U said:
  • The White Sox most likely will not be swept, the most likely scenario is they remain 4-5 back heading into the break and nothing will be changed unfortunately.
  • The White Sox and Angels remain the only teams in MLB that were expected to contend for the playoffs but have negative run differential. Every other negative team in baseball was expected to be bad.
  • The White Sox are 5-6 in their current 19 game stretch against central teams. They still have 4 games remaining against the Twins and Guardians each. They lost 2/3 to the Twins and split with the Tigers and Guardians losing no ground but also gaining no ground. Back to bullet point 1, no changes will be coming.
  • Coming out of the break they host Cleveland for 4 games and then its 19 straight games against the Rockies, Athletics, Royals, Rangers, and Tigers. If this team is going to snap out of it, this is where its going to happen.

And the bolded is precisely why a change in the dugout needs to be made.  I agree TLR probably stays the manager through the season, but you cant ignore the clear narrative change the last week or so.  Tony has legitimately no one left in his corner besides JR.  

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

26 minutes ago, T R U said:

The five possible scenarios (assuming no rain outs) are:

Sox 1 GB of Twins

Sox 3 GB of Twins 

Sox 5 GB of Twins

Sox 7 GB of Twins

Sox 9 GB of Twins

Being 5 GB feels like the absolute bare minimum for salvaging this season. They have to split this series at a minimum. Winning 3 of 4 and getting to 3 GB would feel like a win at the ASB, given how rough this first half has been.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And the bolded is precisely why a change in the dugout needs to be made.  I agree TLR probably stays the manager through the season, but you cant ignore the clear narrative change the last week or so.  Tony has legitimately no one left in his corner besides JR.  

I think Menechino is gone by the All Star break.  The only thing that keeps him is if the Sox hit an ungodly amount of Home Runs against the Twins.  

I am glad the Sox came back to win the last two from the Guardians, but I don't feel all that good about this team. The name of this thread is appropriate. The team is nearing the 90-game mark and is still trying to get to .500. Even in this bad division, .500 doesn't get it. A lot of things are lacking here, and it will take a real long winning streak to make me feel optimistic.

• Like 2

It's going to be tough going against the Twins but the White Sox are going in with a 2 game winning streak and hopefully some good momentum. A win tonight could set the stage for a 3-1 series win and bring them back to just 3 games back with even more confidence heading into the 2nd half of the season. It's certainly not going to be an easy task these next 4 games with the Twins but as bad as the White Sox have played, they still are in the hunt and now have a great opportunity to make up some ground. With all that said, this team is more then capable of throwing in several clunkers so they are just as likely to only win 1 of the 4 games. I will be very disappointed if that happens but I won't be all that surprised.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

That is the only person he needs in his corner though. The rest is pointless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

The five possible scenarios (assuming no rain outs) are:

Sox 1 GB of Twins

Sox 3 GB of Twins 

Sox 5 GB of Twins

Sox 7 GB of Twins

Sox 9 GB of Twins

Being 5 GB feels like the absolute bare minimum for salvaging this season. They have to split this series at a minimum. Winning 3 of 4 and getting to 3 GB would feel like a win at the ASB, given how rough this first half has been.

Hoping for 3 wins, 2 will be OK but won't be surprised if only 1.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Please no. I'm still trying to figure out what the Hawk and Tony reacts are supposed to mean and then to use them haha

When you hover over the Hawk emoji it should say "You gotta be bleepin' me!" and the TLR should be "huh?".

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Pretty good for a former NL player. Game, set, and match. 

Yet some think they should trade him at the deadline.  It's one of those rare dumpster dives that worked that will probably continue to promote that habit.  

He'd been a big influence on ReyLo who is a stud mid relief guy now. 

2 hours ago, whitesoxwin said:

It's going to be tough going against the Twins but the White Sox are going in with a 2 game winning streak and hopefully some good momentum. A win tonight could set the stage for a 3-1 series win and bring them back to just 3 games back with even more confidence heading into the 2nd half of the season. It's certainly not going to be an easy task these next 4 games with the Twins but as bad as the White Sox have played, they still are in the hunt and now have a great opportunity to make up some ground. With all that said, this team is more then capable of throwing in several clunkers so they are just as likely to only win 1 of the 4 games. I will be very disappointed if that happens but I won't be all that surprised.

The Sox just don't match up well with the Twins. They can throw 6 LHB against out mostly RH pitching staff and they have a mostly RH pitching staff to stifle our mostly RH lineup. They're like a better version of the Guardians.

Sox could put McGuire, Leury , Sheets and Moncada out there who hit LH but all 4 of those guys don't scare anyone. Sheets and Moncada both need to have a really good 4 games against them to have a chance at doing more than splitting the series.