It's EVERYONE'S fault

Soxsi75

As my title states.....It's the ownerships fault they let Rodon walk and did NOTHING to replace him. But decided to keep Keuchel after it was painfully obvious the second half of last year that he no longer belonged on a major league mound. They needed the first two months this year to verify that??? What's frustrating is we s_cked on purpose for 4 years with promises of "be patient because in a few years we'll be awesome." Well, tomorrow is now here. And they've tried to now go cheap. In those 4 rebuilding years we had no payroll. But despite that we let Rodon walk because we didn't want to pay him. 

It's the managers fault as well. Actually LaRussa was sh_tty last year too but since we won the division it wasn't as recognized. This CONSTANTLY resting the regulars and putting B team lineups out there. It got to the point that he was doing it once a series the second half of last year. But the thought process of "we have the division won, so we need to have the regulars fresh for the playoffs," I dealt with because there wasn't anyone good enough in our division to make a run at us. Now I'm not saying this cost us the Houston series last year, but I'll take to my grave that it DID cost us the home field in the Houston series. We finished 2 games behind them. And it is a FACT that we "punted" at least 3 games the second half last year. And considering we did well against the Astros in our park and couldn't do a single thing, 0-6, in their park......Not saying he shouldn't have rested people sometimes. But he overdid it. 

That's carried over to this year. In April, after having two straight rain outs, we played a DH in Cleveland. Keuchel pitched the first game, need I say more there, then in the 2nd game LaRussa put out a C time lineup with everyone getting the second game off. This was after having two days off in a row and in April and he's worried about burning people out??? He never used to do this before. He never put out a lineup without Baines, Fisk, Luzinski and Kittle in 1983. He never batted Jerry Dybzinski third like he did with his favorite pet Leury Garcia. And I haven't even gotten to his ridiculous use of the pitching staff, intentionally walking guys while ahead of the count, or allowing complete lethargic,  lackadaisical play. 

The trainer and trainer staff should all be fired. It's insane that nearly EVERYONE keeps having leg and back injuries. 

The hitting coach should be fired. Because I ask what the .... happened to our power? Is he encouraging this approach where a team that's supposed to have all these home run hitters playing in homer friendly park is down at the bottom of the league in homers?

Which leads to the players themselves. They've underperformed. I'm going to say basically EVERYONE has been disappointing with the exception of Cease, a pleasant surprise in Cuetto and maybe Vaughn. Everyone else that matters you can make a case that they have been ranging from disappointing/underperforming to downright worthless and awful. 

I've been a die hard White Sox fan since 1975. So I've seen some excellent teams, some bad teams, some pleasant surprises, (1977 and 1990 come to mind,) and frustrating, disappointing teams. (1984 and 2003 come to mind.). But NOTHING compares to this. This is the only team I can honestly say that disgusts me. Now that all being said, it still isn't the all-star break so there's time for things to change. But usually by this time of the season you get an idea of the personality of your team. And thus far, there has not been a SINGLE moment where this looks like a playoff caliber club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

But most of all, as Steve Stone and Rick Hahn proclaim every chance they get, it's the fans fault.

Yes definitely we need to take a hard look in the mirror and take some responsibility for this mess as well. We've continued to spend money and show up for one of the worst ownership groups in the land, emboldening them and empowering them further to view us as a herd of doofuses who will just buy $12 beers. 

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

18 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'd like to get traded to San Diego for a Padres fan to be named later.

So THIS must be how the board admins make money hand over fist.

develop posters here, then sell them to other teams’ message forums for cash considerations.

• Haha 1