Burger starting AAA rehab today

southsider2k5

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just option him and stop burning needless service time. He doesn’t have a role right now. 

Yeah, why would the Sox need a power hitting 3B/DH/PH when they already have Moncada and Eloy?  

Edit:  Now if Tony won't play him, then it would be better to send him down.  Kid needs to be playing every day.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • TLR 1

16 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Yeah, why would the Sox need a power hitting 3B/DH/PH when they already have Moncada and Eloy?  

Edit:  Now if Tony won't play him, then it would be better to send him down.  Kid needs to be playing every day.

He can't play 3B and Moncada is a far superior player and we have enough DHs.  We've been over this.

Jake will get his chances, but there is no PT for him right now because he can't play a position. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He can't play 3B and Moncada is a far superior player and we have enough DHs.  We've been over this.

Jake will get his chances, but there is no PT for him right now because he can't play a position. 

When his bruised hand heals, I would start him at 3B almost everyday and put Moncada in for defense later in the game.  He can also get some time in at DH or as a pinch hitter when needed. That's what I think his role on this current roster should be.

But since Tony wouldn't do that, then I agree he should be down in Charlotte playing everyday.  

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

When his bruised hand heals, I would start him at 3B almost everyday and put Moncada in for defense later in the game.  He can also get some time in at DH or as a pinch hitter when needed. That's what I think his role on this current roster should be.

But since Tony wouldn't do that, then I agree he should be down in Charlotte playing everyday.  

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't do that.  No offense.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yah not sure what's going on. he clearly got married via all the posts ... so he can't be THAT sick. he also clearly chose to get married during ASB ... and why would sox give him a honeymoon? the sox are in the middle of trying to win and he's an okay bat. but of course sox brass are tight lipped. 

16 minutes ago, he gone. said:

yah not sure what's going on. he clearly got married via all the posts ... so he can't be THAT sick. he also clearly chose to get married during ASB ... and why would sox give him a honeymoon? the sox are in the middle of trying to win and he's an okay bat. but of course sox brass are tight lipped. 

Moreso letting him burn service time while sitting on the MLB IL if they are indeed letting him just have some "personal time".  At least option him to AAA.  

• 1 month later...