7/15 Sox @ Twinkies 7:10PM Can we get to .500????

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Kopech's peripherals are straight up concerning. Tyler Wells, who also was a reliever last year and transitioned into a starter this year, is having a much better time with the change than Kopech. And Kopech was a much better prospect than Wells. 

I think Kopech will eventually start pitching better so I'm not concerned long-term, but just for this season, him having a good ERA has helped gloss over the fact there's a lot of negative going on with his underlying metrics

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think Kopech will eventually start pitching better so I'm not concerned long-term, but just for this season, him having a good ERA has helped gloss over the fact there's a lot of negative going on with his underlying metrics

Yep, needs to redesign his breaking balls

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'm a huge Katz fan, but Kopech's slider being this bad is as much on Katz as it is Kopech. It's been too good of a pitch not to be getting better results. Hopefully they can fix it over the ASB.

All of his stuff has been degrading over the last 4-6 weeks so it's hard to get that really sharp slider when you in the mid to lower 90s.

More of a flat rolling version.